The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Today I will be swapping out the winter clothes for the summer ones and get rid of ones that shrunk while hanging in the closet. ;)

Today is to be the day of heavy and possibly severe thunderstorms....that is if the heat cap on top of us breaks.
    Every year we get what is called the Mexican Plume, a mass of hot air from Mexico moves in, about 5000 feet up and usually hangs around from Spring thru Fall. The thicker it is, the hotter the temp at ground level has to be before it will break and allow rain. And somedays in summer even tho it gets really hot, it would have to reach 110 or higher to break it...so we stay dry a long time.
    Today it is thinning and could possibly break later today....then the storms can move in.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently +3°C and overcast. Weatherman calls for a high of +11°C and rain with a chance of thunderstorms.
    I checked all the seed containers I planted late last week and already have some Salvia poking out :)
    Have a great day all!

3. Chele

Chele New Seed

Morning everyone! It's 70°F here, cloudy/overcast, with a 40% chance of rain, a possible high of 83°F.

The rain they said has a good chance of being heavy thunderstorms - we'll see!

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning (actually already late afternoon here)

I had another of those busy days and the weather is still; much too summery for my liking. a high of 31 degrees Celsius and the dogs spent some time in the pool rather.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and not much wind today. Going only to 69 but that's better than 25 and snow. I'll take it. I want to rake up some leaves from in front of the house today. Yesterday was so windy that they would have been spread over the whole yard if I'd tried to rake them. dooley

6. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

32F and snow on the way back from dropping my friend's kid off for school. I'm practicing cautious optimism, as the news forecast said it will gradually warm up all week- as well as clear skies Tuesday-Sunday. They have wronged me in the past, so I won't bust out the lawn chair yet. :-D

7. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good afternoon by now. Didn't get up till late this morning since the kids have off for their spring break. Ahh its raining here anyway, so was in no hurry to move around this morning. Hopefully the rain will also help this snow to melt away. Have plenty of seeds up, I just hope I'm not too early. Have a good day.

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

It's still frozen here, but the weather reports say spring will arrive about 4:00 today, and by golly, I'm just going to believe it will stay this time!!

9. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

[​IMG] Happy Monday all. It's an overcast and drizzly day,
    but I can't complain too much, it's 71.3°F (21.8°C) this afternoon. [​IMG]

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning and welcome April. Slightly dull weather-wise here in Malmö but pleasant. My Swedish class is having a museum tour today. We are going to Malmöhus slott, an old castle steeped in history. Will let you know how it goes :)

Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F

Have a great April 1st.

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, very gray but dry here, and 10 deg C/50 deg F. I'm having fun browsing the newspapers looking for April 1st-jokes. Enjoy your day!

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently +9°C and still raining. The snow is almost gone, but my lawn has been replaced with a lake! I'm trying not to worry too much, but the ditches can't seem to keep up with all that water. 6 inches higher and my driveway will be under water!
    Eek! I'd better keep myself busy or I'll panic LOL
    Have a great day all :)

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Same here, we have lost a pile of snow, about half of my lawns are now exposed and i can see all the pavement on my driveway, if it keeps raining i might be able to do some yard work by the weeks end!

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    The heat cap overhead did break but not until late enough that there were not many storms but the one really bad one in the area resulted in a tornado on the ground just about 5 miles from me. We were under sunshine but could see the storm going past to our west.

Today is overcast and windy and much, much cooler than yesterday. I'm thinking being out in the yard is at the top of my list for later this morning.

15. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's snowy North Woods. It's hard to believe, but we just had another 9 inches of new snow. We did have a rather dry summer last year, and our lake is at a 20 year low, so, we need to add water to the mix where ever we can. That having been said, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD--- WILL THIS *(&T%$$#@#%^((*&^ SNOW EVER STOP!!! Ahhhhhaamm ---- may be tomarrow.

Tom