The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Though it rained yesterday we still have some snow in our yard. The snow and ice is gone off the driveway atleast. I think mother nature wants to play her april joke because its spitting snow this morning.
    We shouldn't get anything out of it, only cold, windy weather today.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Chilly, 39 and overcast today. I think the rain is over but no sun. I'm off to the dentist today and hope things go well and then to the bank to arrange funds for my trip. Traveler's checks, ATM or Cash! Have a good day. Wannabe

3. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

B-E-A-Utiful. It was 29F when I left at 6 am- still chilly now, but a high of 51F expected. Clear skies as far as the eye can see, very dry air for a change.
    I suspect that I'll make a fool of myself and giggle at the sun somewhere. Maybe I'll find my old climbing tree up the road.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny today and a bit warmer than yesterday. Just when I think I will be able to get things done outside that big old mulberry tree starts spewing it's pollen everywhere. It gets my eyes to watering so it looks like I'm crying. It gets to dr worse than it does me. It clogs up his head and affects his hearing. Now, we're hoping for a good hard rain to wash it away but nothing in sight. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all and a pleasant morning it is too. Had a wonderful time on our museum tour yesterday. Lots of artifacts from 10000 years up to 100 years ago.

After the museum we visited a submarine that has been out of use since the early 60s. That was the highlight. Some of the original crew were still on-board to guide us through it :) If you are ever in Malmö I highly recommend you visit it and talk to the old crew, they have some great stories. Here is their website:
    http://www.u3.se/

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Have a terrific Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    -Vote in Pic Of The Month - April 2008
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #107

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

We lost power here for 5 hours yesturday, we had such high winds that 17 hydro poles in our area snapped from the winds, lots of branches to clean up and pick up, but most of our snow is gone!

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Currently -6°C and sunny. The high waters have receded a bit. We were lucky but the next concession over wasn't so lucky. They are on lower ground and the road was closed due to water and some people were flooded out of their homes. We had high winds as well Penny, but we didn't lose power. I saw your 17 broken poles on the news this morning...scary!
    Have a nice day all :)

8. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's beautiful North Woods. Late yesterday the sky cleared, and last night the stars were magnificent. The moon must be here during the day, leaving the night sky to the stars alone, and what a view. I really must learn how to get photos of that. The wind must has moved east from here, and the air is still. Not a branch of a tree is moving. Except where the squirrels are playing. It's 8 F (-13C) this morning, but if the weather guy in TV can be trusted, we are in a warming trend. Have a good day all, and remember the song lyric, "make some one happy, just one someone happy, and you will be happy too".

Tom

9. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning all. Current temp is 37F but the wind is whipping out there. I don't dare to step out for fear I'll be blown away. Yesterday we got up to 61F, it was a heat wave. Still got some snow on the ground but at this point it's only a matter of time. Have a great day everyone.

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Our rain is gone and sunny skys, the temp is 32 going up to 57. Today is a stay at home and rest day after a painful trip to the dentist yesterday. I'm sorry some of you are having such windy, stormy weather yet. I hope you all have a good day.Wannabe

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. sunshining and pretty out this morning. The snow is slowly melting. But we still have mounds of snow to melt away where it was piled up from being plowed all winter. If we didn't have snow it almost feels warm enough to work outdoors, oh well. Have a good sunshining day.

12. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Another day of glorious sun! 39F currently, but high 50's later on. Sorry about the high winds to those who have em'. Stay safe and warm.

Yet again I stumbled into the nearest nursery and before I knew it walked out with a new mint and chive. What's a girl to do?

Today I'm measuring the yard and starting a rough-rough-rough-plan.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! A beautiful sunny day made for being outside. It's not too windy yet. We're off to the post office now. Have a good day. dooley

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, we've got fog and it's getting worse by the hour. Strange. Temps are 8 deg C/46 deg F. In summer the sun usually disperses the fog before noon, but I'm not sure if it will manage that today. I'm going to do some dirt work. Enjoy your day!

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning to all Stewbies. The sun is very happy today and using its rays to make others feel happy in the process. Thermometer says 6 deg but it feels like higher. I'm not complaining :)

Current temps: 6 deg C / 43 deg F

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    -Vote in Pic Of The Month - April 2008
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #107