The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Get well soon Dooley.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is sunny and 55 so I am going out to clean flower barrels as soon as I eat something. Dooley it seems that tree was causing you problems last year when I was out. Hope you both start feeling better. Wannabe

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning to you all and good morning to the sun also. Today I switch my current Swedish class into a new one, the means over 20 new faces to get to know and a new lecturer. Should be great fun :)

Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F

Have a magic start to your week!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #108

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Its sunny but a bit cooler here today, the weekend was beautiful, and the snow has all but melted, i have one tiny patch left on my front lawn, and the yard is all raked and cleaned up, nice to have that job out of the way!!!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently +7°C and sunny with a bit of wind.
    All my snow has finally melted too! We had a fabulous weekend and I managed to get my yard clean up started too. With 2.5 acres to clean up, it will take a few more days to finish up, especially with that small lake remaining at the front of the property.
    Today is housework day. Funny how a nice weekend creates so much housework!
    Have a great day all :)

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny and pleasant this morning, climbing to about 84F/29C this afternoon. Two days without keeping up with the weeds in the garden...today is going to be a back breaker.

Mom's little pickup truck just had water in the fuel from not being driven very much, easy fix. Took her up to Daddy's grave for a visit and to run some errands then sat in her livingroom visiting and watching a mouse scurry across the floor, never could catch it.

No wildflowers along the highway to get excited about, just a very few patches and nothing that would photograph well while passing them at 70 miles per hour. I did get some of far off scenery, I will play with them this afternoon to see if any are worth posting.

7. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Monday morning. 45 degF and rising. Will be a sunny day again today. The weekend was just beautiful. I managed to do a little raking. But didn't remove any leaves off new sprouts quit yet. Just need to make sure we don't get any more cold weather. Looks like I've got some tulips and daffs sprouting up. and then there's plenty of lillies. My crocuses are all up. Oh can't forget about the hostas and my ferns. I'm itching to get them leaves off my new sprouts. Have a good day.

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 47 and sunny, going up to 65 today. I'm off to town in a few minutes to run a couple errands then home to wash a bit and pack my suitcases. Then out to say goodbye to my son and family. I leave early in the morning so won't be back on for a week or two. Have a nice day. Wannabe

9. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Happy Monday all! 41F with a high of 52 expected. Night time temps are hovering above freezing for the most part, but I always anticipate a "sneaker frost" thise time of the season. :-D

Critter Painter has mentioned what a difference 50 miles can make, and boy is she right!! A combination of torrential rain/hail and an inch or two of water flowing downhill caused quite the commotion on the freeway. Fortunately everyone
    s l o w e d d o w n. Just 37 miles South (Keizer) the sun was shining and the birds were chirping!

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and going to 74 today. I've been out and looked at the flowers and they are doing nicely. I see new leaves on the lemon verbena and the mimosa tree has new leaves, too. Have a good day. dooley

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning everybody. It's Tuesday. The forecast said lovely sunshine and warm for two days running, but it's raining outside. Temps are 6 deg C/43 deg F. We've got the horse chiropractor coming in today, but plenty to do before that. Have a lovely day all!

How did your new class turn out, Frank?

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Top of the morning to you all on a rain-threatening Tuesday in Malmö, I wonder if we'll get it?

Wouldn't you know it but our new lecturer was sjuk (sick). Perhaps today also. Thanks for asking :)

Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F

Have a thrilling Tuesday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #108

13. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. 34 degF right now. sunshining but cloudy. We're suppose to have some rain coming tonight. looks to be a cleaning day for me. Have a good day.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning. It's cloudy here but warm until the wind comes up and it will come up. Tomorrow is cooler and windy with thunderstorms. Hope it knocks the pollen off that mulberry tree. I wish you could just direct the rain where you want it but I guess people have been wishing that for the ages gone past. dooley

15. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good Morning y'all! 43F and cloudy right now, a high of 52 and some sun expected later!

I don't know what kind of bee got in my bonnet yesterday, but I like his style! I spent nearly the entire day cleaning, organizing, setting stuff aside for Goodwill and sanitizing garden tools. I was still going well passed midnight and actually arranged all my fabric in a manageable fashion! You sewers out there know what I'm talkin' bout!

I hope everyone is feeling the spring energy today!