The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently +1°C and clouds seem to be moving in. Weatherman said it would be 12°C and sunny today...those look more like snow clouds to me! Brrr!
    Off to do my Thursday errands and shopping today.
    Have a great day all :)

2. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Morning. 33 degr.F, cloudy and chilly again this morning. Much to do today in the way of cleaning house and transplanting plants. Have a good day.

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Its cool and around +2 here, calling for some more rain later on, off to do some laundry, have a great day everyone.

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Gray skies 22 F (-6 C) and 6 to 10 inches of new snow predicted over the next 24 hours. This same storm extends south nearly to the gulf, and may do far more damage, in the form of heavy rain, flooding and tornado's, to those south of us, than the snow will do here. There is still so much snow here, that another 6 to 10 inches won't do much aside from being an annoyance. I would however, like to sink a shovel into something other than snow pretty soon. Fair well, especially those in the storms path.

Tom

Advertisement
  5. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! 44F currently, high of 56F expected and maybe sun the latter half of the day.

My thoughts go out to Toni, Tom and anyone else having nasty weather. Stay safe, warm, high and dry!

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    The storms here were pretty bad in several areas. Several tornados reported yesterday evening to the north and west of me about 100 miles, then it all calmed down.
    Until 2 am when the next round went over my Mom's small town, just heavy rain there.
    This morning at 3:30 it hit here, more on our part in the Anybody miss me topic I just posted.
    Randy's parents spent most of the night in their shelter, they live about 1 1/2 hours south of us.

Now it is almost totally clear/sunny and getting warm.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The thunderstorms missed us yesterday. I guess they went to the eastern part of the state. We really needed the rain, too. I guess I will have to use my hoses today. Wannabe is in Phoenix for the rest of the month but I saw that her husband is getting rain back there in Illinois. It is sunny and windy here today, not quite making 70 today but will be in the 80's for the next week starting on Saturday. I'd like that a lot. dooley

8. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Good evening here in Essex. Another gorgeous day but by 3.30pm there was a chill in the air. Rain and thunderstorms forecast for Essex tomorrow, but we shall see. The weathermen have been promising us showers all week and we are yet to get a drop.

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. I hope all Stewbies are alright. I can't help worrying, sorry.

We've got a nice April Friday here. It's a bit cloudy, 4 deg C/39 deg F, and rain promised for later. The birds are singing and I need to get the house tidied up for the week-end. The garden will have to wait. Enjoy your day. :)

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all at GardenStew. Sun in shining but I'm not a happy puppy today. My laptop fan noise problem has reared its ugly head again and it's almost impossible for me to concentrate on getting any work done. I may have to return to using my old (much slower) laptop :(

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F

Have a great Friday.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and very windy and raining. NOT a nice day at all! The forecast for the rest of the weekend calls for the same so my gardens will have to wait too.
    If the weather gets better today, we will venture over to the barn to see the new foal born last night.
    Have a great day all :)

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

How exciting Netty!!
    Its about th same here too, cool and raining, so chance of getting outside.

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny and chilly this morning, two cool fronts moved thru yesterday...one with the whopping storm and one later in the day. We should be back down to spring like temps for the next week.

I plan and hope to get lots of gardening done in the next few days.

14. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

:setc_034:
    Good Friday Morning to every stewbie!!!!
    So lovely to be here today. We have just a wee bit of sunshine right now but a lot of high winds. It's still nice with the sun out! It will begin to rain again in a little while tho. That's okay! I don't mind one bit since it isn't snow!!!!
    I hope everyone is feeling peachy!
    Marsha

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

*sigh* Today is my birthday and im mad at my bf cause he plays way too much wow, and Im only here for a visit and he chooses to play wow instead of spending time with me *cries*