The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! BEAUTIFUL 49F, completely clear & first great sunrise we've had in a while. I actually needed sunglasses at 6:25 am! It's supposed to get all the way up to the 70's for the first time since September.

Glad to hear the crazy weather has calmed down for some of you, I'm hoping all of you get some climate stability this weekend. :)

Bip- Kick your boyfriend out of the computer chair, hand him some clothes and tell him he's taking you out (Thai food is great on birthdays)! You have to take the upper-hand over World of Warcraft, it grabs hold and don't let go! I'm convinced that addiction to online gaming will soon surpass infidelity as the catalyst for most marital problems! lol. KICK HIM HARD!

2. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good afternoon. It's 54F here but the sun is no where to be found. No matter I found my first bloom today. I posted a pics on my blog.

We had such a great day yesterday that I'll take the grey today. Everyone have a great day.

3. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A good fish fry Friday from Wisconsin's North Woods. After all those rosy weather reports, I hate to add mine. We are in the middle of a predicted 10 inches of snow storm. The wind is howling and whipping the trees about like they were mere blades of grass in a field. The snow is moving horizontally into amazing drifts, rather than the traditional down ward direction. It's late mid day, and it's 25 F (-4 C) and feels like mid winter. I'm actually just about to call a friend and reschedule our plans to go to a fish fry tonight, to another evening. I know what's going to happen, suddenly it will be summer, I think spring went on a European vacation. Norway or Sweden maybe, or Texas?

Tom

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Wow, Friday came and went in a flash! Had my sis over for the day and we went to a pottery place where you choose a piece of pottery and paint it. It is then fired and we collect them next week. The kids love it, a good way to keep them entertained in the holidays.

The weather was a real mix, blue skies one minute, heavy rain the next. Hoping for a clear weekend as we have lots planned outside! Garden on Saturday, allotment on Sunday.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Calomaar is right, his spring is here. :D 4 deg C/39 deg F and rising, thin clouds, no rain. It's growing like mad outside, despite night frost. I'm going to watch how to train horses to pulling carriages today, and continue with tidying and cleaning. Will I ever manage to get it done I wonder?

Have a super Saturday, enjoy yourselves!

6. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Mornin' Glory! It is 64 degrees F here . . . still dark, but cloudy. We are supposed to have a high of 72 degrees F with rain later.

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Great morning here, the sun is breaking through the clouds. Mind you, there is a nippy wind. Off out into the garden so will check back later.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all. Well I am back on my old laptop after the fan in my new one starting giving trouble. The old laptop is much slower of course but it's a saviour. Sun is shining here, a beautiful day.

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #109

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently +3°C and foggy. It looks like another wet day.
    I think I'll take the kids shopping for spring clothing :)

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and 75 today. We're off to work early today. dr should have a nice outside day. dooley

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Well we're sitting at 34 degF. light snow falling out of the sky. I've heard of no accumulation so I guess thats a good point.
    Calomaar, How much snow did you end up with last nite?
    No sunshine here, those who have it please enjoy it for the rest of us. Have a good day.

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. What can I say, I'm running out of new words to describe the weather here. I could just copy and paste the report from a couple days age, or a week ago, or a month ago, or--------------. The snow plow guy was just here, ( you realize I'm saying that in the middle of April) ----- The UPS guy called last night and asked if anyone was home, the driver was here yesterday, he said it looked like we had not been here for weeks, and he didn't leave the package. (We were here all day). Did you ever feel like you were frozen in time, and the world was just passing you by? (pun intended) My old 5th grade teacher once told me if I didn't get with it, I'd get stuck by the wayside and life would go on without me. She was right, I'm stuck by the wayside, in eternal winter.

Tom

13. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Good morning from the Carolina foothills. It is 45 degrees F here, and we expect a high of 53 degrees F with light showers later. Have a blessed Sunday.

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -3°C and the sun is shining...first time in 3 days! I'm not sure if I should finish my spring cleaning or work in the yard...hmmm...I think the yard wins!
    Have a great day all :)

15. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Definitely the yard Netty! Take advantage of that sun!