The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, all. Well, it's afternoon here now, but who cares? I've been busy preparing for my husband's birthday celebration. It takes a bit of organizing with 22 people. It's not a big day. We celebrate every birthday by inviting the closest family. Parents, siblings and such. It's partly sunny, but chilly. 7 deg C/45 deg F and birds singing. :D

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Weather is absolutely beautiful in Malmö today, summer is definitely approaching.

Current temps: 11 deg C / 52 deg F

Have a top Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #109

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Sunday morning. Must be the day for b-days. Droopy, Happy Birthday to your husband. We too will be celebrating my daughters boyfriend b-day today. they'll only have half the people at thier house today. Anyway 30degF this morning. Snowflurries overnite but nothing on the ground thank goodness. Sunshining out, looks to be a good day.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and in the 80's today. We're off to Phoenix to visit with Wannabe and my other sister Maxine and assorted nieces and nephews and grandkids of my sister. It's going to be in 90's down there. We're going early so we can go to Trader Joe's first. Have a nice day. dooley

Advertisement
  5. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Sunday Sunday. A day with changeable weather. I headed to the allotment at 8am and during my 6 hour visit there were gloriously sunny spells, high winds, hail, rain, then sunshine again. I planted my broadbeans and sweetpeas though so a good mornings work. Very chilly indeed tonight and I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get a light ground frost.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good.....almost evening all. We took off for a short weekend away and got back home about midafternoon.
    It has been downright chilly around here since the bad storms last week and there is a light frost warning for tonight, so all the plantlets have to be put back in the bloom house this evening.

7. Frank

A very very good morning all at GardenStew. The sun is hiding but I think it´s going to make an appearance very soon. :stew2:

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F

Have an exciting start to your week!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #109 Poll

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and sunny, warming up to 10°C today.
    Today I will do some more spring cleaning and then head outside and turn my compost. Have a great day all :)

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the North Woods of Wisconsin. Another hot day, we went for a morning swim, the lake was perfect. The woods is greening out beautifully, and the birds are singing the praises of summer. I checked the veggie garden and found the green beans had broken through and the little loops were popping out in neat little rows. The sun is so hot this morning, just the walk up to the garden is causing me to break into a heave sweat. I'll need to go back into the lake to refresh soon. I'm sitting here on the deck, watching the neighbor kids go by, water skiing, and Mimi is coming out with a icy cool pitcher of her world famous lemonade. And then later this evening, if it's still warm, as it was last evening, maybe a skinny-dip after dark. ahhhh life is good. ---- (and if you believe any of that I have this bridge in Brooklyn for sale at a really good price) I was just trying out some new words, and they felt real good. Now all I need is the reality of it all, to go with them.

Tom

10. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good Monday Morning to All!
    Wow what a diverse weather report we have this morning and over the weekend. It was cold and rainy all weekend so it was a great day to cuddle with my critters and watch movies. After church yesterday I came over to work and planted more seeds with the kids. It's kinda funny. The boys are more excited with the project than the girls. Who woulda' figured that?! I can't seem to get the girls interested. They are afraid of getting dirty, Oh Bother!!!! Some of the boys wear gloves and I think that's funny.
    Oh well, at least they're planting!
    Happy Day Stewers!!!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It was a bit chilly last night, down into the 30's one more time but nothing froze so everything should be good.

Tom, you did have me going there for a second. I thought I had slept thru a few weeks or the earth had finally flipped on it's axis. You will be able to use all those words in one paragraph before long...but that would depend on what your definition of 'long' is. :eek:

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

We had frost last night here and I hit the yard with Cheyenne last night at 10:30 pm putting plants in the green house and covering beds with sheets.
    I thought you had lost your mind Tom :)

13. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Tom, you're a rascal!!!!!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The sun is shining and it's going up to 86 degs today and that's for real. Maybe I could box up a bit of it and send it to Tom. Wannabe came out to Phoenix for a bit of sun. We went down to the valley yesterday and I enjoyed visiting with her and my other sister, Maxine. Have a nice day. dooley

15. Frank

Top of the morning to all Stewbies. What a glorious day in Malmö. I wish the weather could always stay like this but that's wishful thinking.

Current temps: 10 deg C / 50 deg F

Have a thrilling Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #109 Poll