The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and sunny with a high of 12°C expected.
    I have quite a bit of compost ready so I think I'll be spreading some around a little later. I dug up a couple of toads hibernating in the pile so I stopped...wouldn't want to harm the little fellows!
    Have a great day all :)

2. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its sunny and supposed to be around 60 today, i sure hope so.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sun is shinning very bright out today, but we still have a bit of nippy temps so it is very pleasant outside.

I worked out back for almost 6 hours yesterday and could hardly move last night. But this morning, other than being just a bit sore, I think I am ready to be out in the front yard getting one new bed ready.

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. It's another hot one this morning, ------ Oh well I guess that I can only get away with that once. But it's warm here relatively speaking, it's 40 F (4 C) after a cool 10 F (-12 yesterday. It's supposed to go up to the mid 60s later, so there, snow, take that. The sun is brightly shinning, and there is a light breeze, both will aid the warm temperature in snow melting. Mimi is off to the barn to spend time with her horses, and Deputy and I are left here to complete a couple assigned tasks.

Tom

Advertisement
  5. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! Rainy & 39F currently with a high of 52 expected. I've got a few tomatoes ready to re-pot and a bit of sewing lined up.

Calomaar: Glad to hear things have improved a bit, although I did enjoy yesterday's false report. I can only relate on a 6-months-of-rain basis, but my heart goes out to anyone who deals with that much monotony... especially the cold kind.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny and windy today so inside projects are on tap for today. I've been "thinking" of starting some quilt blocks. Have a good day. dooley

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, it's sunny but chilly. Up to 4 deg C/39 deg F now, but it will rise. My husband's magnolia has frost damage, what a shame! I hope there will be some blooms though. I need to continue tidying up in the borders, but the stables first. Enjoy your Wednesday.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. Yesterday was a very strange day. I turned up to my Swedish class as usual when my lecturer pulled me aside. Herself and some other lecturers has decided based on an exam I did last week that I have passed the entire basic level for Swedish. That means I shave a few months off my learning schedule. Am I happy, of course! But I am also a little sad as I got really used to sitting among my classmates and the fun we had. In August I hope to go back to the college to refine my Swedish to a higher level.

Current temps: 8 deg C / 46 deg F

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Wow, Frank! (Stamp?) How wonderful, congratulations.

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning to all. 45 degF out already this morning. we'll be getting up to 67 today. Sunshining out and very pretty. I have a long list of things to get done today. replanting my seedlings and cleaning up the greenhouse are a few. Have a good day.

11. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny with a high of 16°C expected.
    I got almost all my gardens cleaned out and edged yesterday! 2 more to go and some more grass raking and spring cleanup will be done! I found a Crocus blooming in my yard yesterday and wondered where it came from - I don't remember planting any!
    Have a great day all :)

12. Netty

Almost forgot to add a big Congratulations for you Frank! Way to go!

13. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Wow Frank. That's quite an accomplishment! :smt041
    Congratulations to you!!!!!
    I'm sure you're happy about shaving off months but what a bittersweet thing.

Good Morning Gardeners!
    It's sunny and beautiful here in Central IL.between the corn fields and the soybean fields! All is well here. Not much to write about today. Just glad to be alive and watch my seeds grow!
    Have a fabulous day Stewies!

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Its sunny and warming up here today, supposed to be in the 70's by Friday!!

Congrats Frank.

15. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from The North Woods of Wisconsin. Well yesterdays prediction of 65 degrees, sounded good, but the 55 degrees we managed to get to was a bit of a disappointment. Each day, however when the temperature gets well above freezing, is a day pf progress. We are on the south shore, and on the north side of a down hill slope, so the snow here gets less direct sunlight, and takes a little longer to melt away. Looking across the lake, those over there are seeing great big areas of snow free land. It's a work in progress, --- yes, I like that, it's a work in progress. Have a good day, from the soon to be snow free, North Woods.

Tom