The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning from our house. We were out last night seeing a local play and then entertaining at the house afterward, so I slept late and am just now up. We made a monumental decision yesterday. 8 more yards of garden soil will arrive tomorrow and I will do another raised bed in the front yard. I can remember vowing never to do that again because it is so much work to maintain, but as you know, our addiction is uncontrollable.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning! I can say that today. Come Wednesday it will be a little harder. It is 48 and sunny today, Wed. it is 40/30 and snow showers. Have a good day. Wannabe

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Good morning all. It rained much of the night and it is a bright sunny 40F this morning. Laura and I made a trip yesterday to the valley. We got some fairly good cactus pictures. I am sure Dooley will post them in her blog. dr

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good Morning all, I have been doing housework all morning. Would rather have been outside, but I only have one day off so it's housework. It is lovely here this morning, maybe I will take a break in a while to go out.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's almost afternoon. I haven't been out yet. I slept late and did a little cleaning and then resized pictures, etc. It is still a bit chilly and will rain again this evening and tonight. Dooley

6. windowb

windowb New Seed

Good Morning

Well, It is afternoon now but who is keeping track. It's been raining a lot in Utah so we are ready for some sun.
    I hope everyone is having a good day.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Afternoon all.

We got the almost dead peach tree and the very dead Redbud tree taken down this morning. All the parts and pieces are on the curb for pickup on Wed. Now I have large spaces of sunny areas to make into garden beds. :-D

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all on this the 10th of October and a fine clear morning it is. Current temps in Malmö 15 deg C / 59 deg F.

It's an important anniversary for GardenStew today, I will fill you all in later :)

Have a special one!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #17

9. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good morning all. It is cool and wonderful here today. And 8 yards of soil arrives at 7:30am and will be unloaded by young men to where I want it. Our front yard is 1/2 acre and is just about bare.....just awful green lawn-yuk. I have 4 small raised beds in it so far and today will tie two of them together and add a huge sorta fat-in-the-middle banana shaped one on a far end, making a divider between our yard and the nieghbor's. After the soil is in place, the plants must be gotten and installed. I have only a few idea about the giant bed. -- camellias, native azaleas, hydrangeas so far. I will share pics, I promise.
    And what is the anniversary, Frank?

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I just posted about it in my blog Jan ;)

11. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

good morning from cool crisp louisiana. Jan have you cosnidered a Gardenia?

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GOOD MORNING ALL!!! :D

It was a bit on the [​IMG] side here early this morning but dry and now the sun is out. It's turned into a really beautiful autumn day. :-D

I'm waiting for my daughter to arrive and then we're going out for the afternoon.

Enjoy your Tuesday wherever you are.

13. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Oh, I forgot. Of course it needs gardenias. Perhaps I shall use those as a sort of unifier. I tend to use one plant and have it snake through the garden to bring the garden together. Gardenias might be that plant. I do like the radicans; they don't overpower. The regular ones can get to be trees.

14. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good Tuesday morning all. It is back to work after only one day off, overtime again.

Tonight we go to the Livingston Parish Fair. Whoopee!!!!!!!! It was canceled last year bc of the hurricanes and that has been the only year we missed in 21 years. I must admit I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, except the fair food. This will be the first year Richard and I abstain from the rides, just gettting too old I guess.

15. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Good Morning/afternoon everyone -- 56 degrees here this morning and looking like a beautiful day. Think I better enjoy it because the weatherman says rain is coming tomorrow and them a real drop in temps by Thurs and Fri. Looks like you have your work cut out for you Jan. Enjoy the fair Sharon and Richard...I don't do rides anymore either. Have a fun afternoon with your daughter Eileen. Now off to read what the anniversary is. Have good day whatever you do today.