The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Congratulations Frank, sorry to hear you will miss out on being with the friends you were making. Hope you will still see them once in a while between now and August.

Good morning all. Partly sunny today and the wind is up again.
    Didn't do any gardening yesterday afterall. I looked around at the housework that had been neglected for too long and finally came to the conclusion that either
    1. the maid has this year off so I must take up the slack
    or
    2. I am the maid and 'time off' doesn't apply to me
    So I cleaned....boring!!

2. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! 43F with a high of 58 expected and sun later on. I stopped by the co-op before work (it's so rad to have one that's open 24/7) to pick up some kitty food and was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw these beautiful glazed pots in the most amazing hue of pale green! They were on "sale" for $16-25 and (fortunately) I didn't have the cash on me. I'll have to avoid that place like the plague for weeks! :)

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning to all at GardenStew. Slightly dull and a teeny weeny bit chillier in Malmö today. Stills feel fresh however :stew1:

Thanks for all of your kind words yesterday. Very much appreciated!

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F

Happy Thursday greetings!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #110

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. It's already 10°C with a high of 21°C expected today.
    Today is errand and shopping day. I also have a meeting at my employers today to discuss the upcoming season :)
    Have a great day all.

Advertisement
  5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. I'm off in a bit on a very part time job. Helping a friend with her business-she grooms dogs. I help wash them and dry them. Its 52 dreg F this morning. we should be climbing to the 60's. calling for rain later tonight. Ya'll have a good day.

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from the North Woods of Wisconsin. Wow, what a couple days in the 60s can do to the snow, is wonderful. I can see bare ground for the first time in 6 months. The piles are still high, where the plow pushed the snow, but, wow. 33F, (1 C) this morning. Clear skies, and bright sunshine again today. the wind that we experienced over the last few days, has let up, and there is just a breeze out there. It's beginning to look like the opening of fishing season will see a frozen lake, here. ours is usually one of the last to freeze, and one of the last to open again. There are lots of other lakes here about, I'm sure they will find room somewhere else.
    Tom

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold here this morning. After a week in the 80's we are back to the 60's and windy. Yikes! It must be because I planted some outside plants yesterday. I haven't peeked out to see if they are still standing this morning. dooley

8. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! 44F and whispy clouds right now, clear and 60F is the forecast today and it looks like that'll materialize soon. I'm hoping the prediction of snow on the Valley floor and along the coast this weekend is a mistake, but willing to live with it either way. :)

9. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Evening all. Quite a chill in the air today. Worked all day again so am exhausted and ready for me bed! Had a meeting at school this afternoon as Jessica is being bullied. Hopefully now between us and the school we can get this sorted. We aren't the sort of parents to take these things lying down.

Couple of hours to do what I want in the morning before meeting a client at the trade nursery. What to do....allotment, garden or housework?

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, we're starting out sunny again today. There's been frost during the night, and temps are still low. I got a new shipment of plants yesterday and will get them potted and ready today. Need to get more work done both inside and out too. Hope you all have a lovely Friday. :D

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good early morning. Going to be cloudy and passing 70 degF. finally today. Thought I'd jump in early this morning before heading off to help with dog grooming. High hopes of getting alot of garden and yard work done this weekend. Enjoy your day.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to you all. Weather is hiding behind the clouds here, it may just show it's head before the day is out. Feels strange not to have my Swedish course to go to but it also means I can work more on the new GardenStew project :)

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F

Have a top Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #110

13. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good Morning Stewers!
    Hey Frank, There's something to be said for "relaxing". LOL I hope you don't miss class tooooo much. cheesie grin.
    It's a bit overcast here today. We till the gardens tomorrow here at the treatment center. I hope it doesn't rain. They are calling for rain, but I'm holding out hope. The kids are so excited to get out and do some work. Yeah, right!!! LOL At least I am. Well, every one have a fabulous Friday and an awesome weekend!
    LET'S GET DIRTY!!!!!!

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. It is already 16°C with a wonderful high of 23°C expected. It is like we jumped right from winter into summer!
    I have a bit of house work to do and then I'll be heading outside to the gardens.
    Have a great day all :)

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

Its absolutely beautiful here, upper 70's today and no rain until next week, the weekend is to be really nice as well.
    I've been working away in my gardens and getting them ready to get my seedlings out there (soon but not yet).