The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Temps have jumped up into the mid-upper 80's for this coming week, so much for nice spring weather.

The Trinkets to Treasure sale yesterday was a waste of time. Mostly baby items and clothes, nothing very interesting.

2. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good and Happy Earth Day Stewers!!!
    It's a lovely day here in Central IL. 70F and just absolutley wonderous!
    It looks like you folks in the northern part of the world are getting a little warm up. Glad to hear it!
    Did you do anything today to celebrate Earth day today?
    I got the boys out from the long term unit today and we dug in the new garden. they had a ball. I knew they would. they were all trying to show up the other one. LOL what fun we had.
    I then went out to my garden and dug up a bit. Was pretty tired from all the work this weekend so I didn't get a lot done there. It'll come tho.
    Happy Gardening my Friends!

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, yet another sunny and dry one on the normally wet mid-Norwegian west coast. Temps are 6 deg C/43 deg F and rising. We've still got frost during the night, so the plants are still taking it easy out there. I'm not. I've got borders to clean, mulch to spread and slugs and lily beetles to kill. Enjoy your Monday all.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all! There is a big increase in visitors to the GardenStew these days proving without a shadow of a doubt that things are in full swing. It'll start to dip again in August, I have the charts and graphs to prove it :D

Current temps: 11 deg C / 52 deg F

Have a magic start to your week!

Advertisement
  5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Monday. Boy, Sure did get alot done yesterday. Today I have to run to town, then get back to help my friend with grooming her dogs. 45 degF right now but it'll be rising into 70's before the days over. Have a good day.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. Spring has definitely sprung here and with spring comes the return to my job. I'll be starting back next Monday so that gives me exactly 1 week to get my yard and garden work done! I have some Daff's blooming this morning and the first blooms have opened on my Pulmonaria. I'll try to get some pics later, but first I need to get some housework done!
    Have a great day all :)

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sorta cool this morning, not as cool as I would like tho...humid too. Possibility of more spring storms starting tomorrow thru the rest of the week.

Better see how far I can get on the new bed by the driveway. Got started last week but it was way too soggy after the rain we got on Thurs. Hope it hasn't returned to it's normal 'harder than concrete' form out there yet.

8. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! 41F currently with a high of 50F expected. I've got lots of work to do out in the rain, but MAN am I glad it stopped snowing yesterday. I chuckled when the weather gal said "Just regular Oregon showers this week and lots of them".

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Even though it isn't morning any more, I felt that I needed to post a good morning, today. It is 70 F (21 C) right now, 1:00 PM and that is quite a milestone here. Unbelievable how good it feels to go outdoors without a coat, and breathe in that wonderful spring air. Last evening when I took Deputy out for his last trip out for the day, the frogs were chirping there spring calls for the first time, I think that spring is actually arriving here. So, an extra special good morning from the North Woods today.
    Tom

10. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

I'm like you Calomar! It's not morning but I just gotta say "GOOD MORNING STEWERS"!!!!!
    75F and hot! Lovin' it!!!
    My day has been like a locomotive! Hard and fast. I haven't had a moment to breath until now and I'm going home in just a few minutes. I had to stop in. I love it here so much I can't resist. See what you've done to me!
    Have a great evening all!!!

11. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Evening all. Worked today and it has been a warm, balmy day in Essex. Working all week again, good for the bank balance but it wears me out. A garden I was in today was full of sedums, and the lady had me dig them all out and bin them! Of course, I sack full came home with me. I shall distribute them amongst my other gardens and my own. Have a good one.

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, yet another sunny spring morning here. :D Temps are 6 deg C/43 deg F now, but we're expecting about 12 deg C/54 deg F later. The sun is up before 06.00 and goes down around 21.00 now, and the days will still get longer. This is good! Enjoy your Tuesday all.

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning / afternoon all Stewbies. Another stone-splitter here in Malmö with just a hint of a strong breeze (does that statement make sense?).

Current temps: 10 deg C / 50 deg F

Have a tremendous Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #111

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C and sunny. Happy Earth Day!
    I used amazing restraint yesterday...I went to the garden center and didn't buy anything! But I did find some tree's I wanted...a Ginko, Peach, Apple, and a Japanese Maple. (Truth be known, I would have bought all of them if I had a truck LOL )
    Have a great day all!

15. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

You're so funny Netty! and Frank, No that didn't make sense. LOL YOu guys really make my day!!!
    GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!
    A lovely day here in Central IL. A wee bit cloudy but I'll take it. Gonna be back in the 70's again today. WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope yous guys have a great day!