The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tbryant2

tbryant2 New Seed

Good morning everyone! I wouldn't normally be able to say good morning, but I'm on vacation this week. I'm going to take some more photos of the yard today and ask for everyone's wise advice on what the heck some of this stuff is! I was told by the neighbors that in the area between our yards is fifteen years worth of some type of lilies that are coming up EVERYWHERE! I can't leave them there. They've been mowed over several times but they just keep coming. Is it safe to dig them up now?

Anyway, I may make a trip to the garden store today for some basic supplies and hopefully I will be able to exercise at least a mild amount of self control!

Have a great sunny day everyone!

2. petunia

petunia Young Pine

good morning. 54 degF now. Our highest will be 75 degF. I'll be washing cats today as I help my friend out. This should interesting. Have a good day all.

3. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's foggy North Woods. The clouds moved in over night, and I awoke this morning to the sound of the rain drops falling on my, --- well not my head, but just outside the open window. And when I looked out there was fog. The sound of lightly falling rain is a wonderful summer sound. After 70 and sunny yesterday, and an overnight low of 50, what could today have in store for us? The snow is mostly gone, except where it was piled up from the plows. The tulips have broken the ground, and gave a mighty push yesterday, they grew 4 inches in just the one day. Have a good one today.
    Tom

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny and warmer today and we'll be back in the 80's by the end of the week. I'll like that a lot. My feet are cold this morning. I need to water things today as I didn't get it done on Sunday because of the picnic at Lake Pleasant. Have a nice day! dooley

Advertisement
  5. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good Morning y'all and happy Earth Day. 42F, raining and very dark clouds. I'm actually alright as long as it rains instead of frosting. I'm ITCHING to plant, but a strict follower of the "don't handle when damp" rule.
    A high 50F expected, but it hasn't been getting there the last few days.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good late morning all. It started out very warm and humid today and only getting worse as the day wears on, so I am staying inside today. Almost 90 (32C) yesterday and again today, there are hopes of a slight cool down starting on Wed. This is more like June temps than April :rolleyes:

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

What a glorious day here in Essex today. I believe most of the UK have had great weather, although the forecast for tomorrow is scattered showers. Typical, a taste of summer only to have it snatched away again! Worked as usual, but in the sun, who cares!

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

G'morning. it's cold again. and raining again. Did snip some chives out of the garden for dinner last night just to remind myself that spring will, eventually, arrive in earnest. But all this rain is soooooooo depressing. Rain on the slate for the forseeable future, sigh...

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Top of the morning to you all! We've got 14 deg C/57 deg F and it's rising, only 11 am now. This feels so good! Amazing what some sunshine and warmth can do. The birds are so busy singing they're forgetting to do their job and eat the crawlies, so I'm off outside to squash beetles and slugs. I think I need to get the hose out and water a piece of the south border too. Imagine that, at the end of April...

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gooood morning to you all, temperatures are continuing to rise by another 1 or 2 degrees today. I wish it would stay at this temperature as I'm not a big fan of very hot weather.

Current temps: 12 deg C / 54 deg F

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #111

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Going up into the 70's today. Sunshining out. We were suppose to get rain over nite but pretty sure it must have went around us. The little bit I did feel wasn't even enough to get anything wet. Things are too dry here and have fire danger warnings out. We're not even suppose to do bonfires. Well have a good day.

12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast with a bit of rain in the forecast. There are already fire bans here too Petunia so I hope we do get some rain. Besides, I need a rainy day so I can get some housework done! I moved 3 loads of mulch yesterday and have a terrible sunburn.
    Have a great day all :)

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like you have been busy Netty!!

Its about the same weather wise here, and its spitting out, thats ok though, we so need it.

14. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A bright and sunny good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Snow is gone from the flat ground, but remains in piles where the plow pushed it. The lake looks like a cold winter sky, I went down there yesterday, and it's ice right up to the sand beach. No water around the edges yet. Fishing season opens in just over a week, I don't believe the ice will be gone by then. I can just see all the fishermen arriving from down state, and the boats at the boat landing lined up to get into the lake, and nothing but ice out there. There are so many lakes in this area I'm sure that some will be open, they will just need to look around.
    Tom

15. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all! 46F currently, high of 49 expected. Gusty wind, about 40 MPH, so I'll be keeping a close eye on all the plants (still waiting patiently on the deck). I'm going to try and post a picture of some of my seedlings, a few look diseased and I'm terribly distraught. :(