The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I was frosty this morning, now it's just windy and rainy and cold and I wish I were somewhere like Papua New Guinea!!!! Hoping to get some more weeds popped out today but depends on the weather. At least my little tomatos in the kitchen are happy and growing.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Well good morning / afternoon to you all. Just as warm and sunny as yesterday, looks like my weather reports are going to be quite similar for a few weeks anyhow :stew1:

Current temps: 12 deg C / 54 deg F

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #111

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and sunny. My car was covered with frost this morning, first time in 2 weeks.
    I'm off to do my Thursday shopping and errands.
    Have a great day all :)

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone.

No frost here Netty, its +13 here and sunny,.

Advertisement
  5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good morning. Nice sunshine this morning again. I'm just about to head out. I was given an application for another parttime job-waiting to hear if I get it. Jobs are so hard to come by anymore. I'll take whats given to me at this point. Have a good day.

6. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good Morning Lovlies!
    Wow! I'm glad I live where I do. I've been watching my flowers jump up and take notice that it was 80F here yesterday! Just a Beautiful Day!!! My seedlings are all getting a bit spinley and I think I got a bit ahead of myself. Go Figure! But everything is still alive and I'm hoping to get some things in the ground soon. Very soon!!!
    Good to see ya all here today! I was so busy yesterday actually all this week has been crazy at work. It's so nice to come here and visit for a little while and get my bearings again!
    Have a fabulous day!

7. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Cloudy this morning but the temperature is going up pretty fast. It was 40 or so when I got up an hour and a half ago, now it's 55. I washed the cars yesterday, and that was something, washing the car right next to a large pile of snow. I got most of the winters grime off, and I hope it doesn't snow again.
    Tom

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It was 82F/28C yesterday and going to around 85F/30C today.
    But no storms tonight like we had last night. The really heavy stuff went across south of us...you know, the tornadoes, hail and lightening that kept it looking like daylight because it was constant and not just once in a while.
    There is 1.5 inches/3.8Centimeters of rain in the gauge, but that is only about half of what we got. It is hard for the rain to fall down into the gauge when it is coming down at an almost 45 degree angle. :eek:

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning Its partly cloudy here 82 degrees and a little wind blowing this morning.The storms last night went in between toni and I with toni getting lots of rain and lightning and we got nothing but a little rain from of it.Whew!!!! missed it for once.
    It got really rough in between us.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's a nice sunny, warm day here. I should get out before it gets windy. We just went to breakfast and I was checking here before I decided to do. dooley

11. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

What a day! The weather has been wild. It was lovely first thing this morning, but by 11 the sky came over as black as night and we had masses and masses of really fast falling rain. It cleared, and then out came the sun again. After lunch, around 1.30, the sky darkened again, and what do you know, thunder and lightening, and lashings of rain. It was then dry until about 4 when we had hail, sleet and rain! Honestly, April showers??

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all. Looks like I spoke a bit soon about the weather as it is a lot cooler but pleasant here today.
    I just applied for a more advanced Swedish course in August so the learning will continue :)

Current temps: 10 deg C / 50 deg F

Have a fun Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #111

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good afternoon, we've got raindrops and it's 12 deg C/54 deg F outside. We're hoping for a proper soak since it's very dusty after ten whole days of sun and wind. Only problem is, once it starts it just won't stop for days and days. :smt019 Have a fun Friday all!

14. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning. Happy Friday. It's 55F here right now but a high of 68F is predicted. Been a beautiful week here on the coast of Maine. A little rain forcasted for the weekend but that's ok. It's not snow! Everyone have a great weekend.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good morning peoples! Well today, I'm going to the bank to deposit my paycheck and exchange my Canadian money, then I'm going to the library, then to Menards for some soil and maybe a few other things I need for the garden :p And Ill see if I cant borrow my sisters camera to take pics of my plants ;) And maybe go to Kohls for some new jeans and bras (Im sadly putting on fat around my waist and chest.... :()