The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A nice nippy morning to start with and it looks like the really nice spring day time highs are a thing of the past. The highs are creeping up into the 80's and sometimes close to 90 already.

The jerks (and I use that mild word only because what I really call them is not ladylike) across the street are out working on their car with the radio on full blast. I was hoping to work on the front garden but really don't want to listen to mexican rap music while doing it so I just might be out back instead.
    Oh the joys of living in the city.....NOT

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Yesterday was a really windy cool day and today is a really warm day.I am under the weather today with a cold.I think from the crazy weather.Have a good day.

3. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good morning y'all. It was a wonderful, warm weekend- 70F! We had a gig in Seattle, so most of our sun time was spent in the car :(. Took a long detour to Astoria (Northern tip of the Oregon coast) to catch up with some friends at the Rogue and Ft. George breweries.

It was 55F at 6 a.m. today. Eventhough the high is only a few degrees more than that, it felt like a wet summer day. Happy gardening!

4. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Oh Toni, My heart goes out to you. I understand soooo completely!

ANyhooooo........Happy Monday to you all! It's a dreary sleety/rainy day here in Central IL. YUCK!
    My poor flowers are getting pelted! I can do nothing about it either since I am at work. I knew it was going to freeze tonight but not now! I'll have to cover everything I can tonight when I get home and pray that it isn't too late!
    I hope everyone is in good spirits today and ready for the new week!

Advertisement
  5. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Rain rain and more rain here in the UK today, so I am stuck at home catching up on housework. If it brightens I shall go and garden for one of my older ladies later. If not, I will have to go to the greenhouse and do some gardening for me. :)

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

We had frost over night, but its sunny and trying to warm up out there a bit.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all and a bit of a strange temperature mix today. On the one hand there is beautiful sun out but then you are greeted by a bone-cutting breeze.

Up to my eyes in forms for today and the next few days probably, yuck!

Current temps: 16 deg C / 61 deg F

Have a top Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #112

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Bright sunshine here today, almost too bright but then I prefer overcast to sun anyway.

Since there is no 'entertainment' coming from across the street this morning I am heading out to work on the front garden.

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, it's going to be hot today. Already 13 deg C/55 deg F and it's not even 10 yet. I'm off to try and get that tidying up over and done with. We've got a blackbird whistling "The bridge over the river Kway". How's that for entertainment?

10. Frank

Gooood morning / afternoon to you all. Today is Valborg in Sweden so many will be having special celebrations (especially students, they just love this day :)) I'll probably go to the park this evening to see what celebrations are taking place.

Current temps: 14 deg C / 58 deg F

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #112 Poll

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its cool but sunny....no rain so far.

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Morning /Afternoon from Wisconsin's North Woods. It's kind of late to be posting into a Good Morning post. However, I guess it's ok to do it. We are away from the North Woods, here in the city, getting a remodel started on our house here. We have been very busy, and I can't seem to get more than 5 minutes at a time at the computer. Maybe later tonight after we get home from baby sitting for the grand kids, I'll get some time. If I can stay awake. Have a good day
    Tom

13. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Getting very very fed up with the constant rain. Tis taking its toll on my work load as well as me garden and allotment!

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, happy Ascension Day and May Day too to those who celebrate. It's May already, where did April go? :eek:

We've got 15 deg C/59 deg F outside and it's rising, but it's grey and a bit windy too. No matter, there's a small do at the stables today, and we'll be there watching since I couldn't get the dressage program into my head and won't participate. I'll probably go for a ride on the mountain trail instead afterwards. Growing older isn't much fun. :D

And now I have to go check my newest addition, a very dark red peony. It's not blooming, and might not this year, but it's there! YAY! Enjoy your Thursday.

15. Frank

Good morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew. It's raining here, something I haven't seen much of in April. Still nice and fresh however.

Went to the park last night for a planned light show to celebrate Valborg. We were supplied with special glasses to put on that made the show even more vibrant. Then of course there was the bonfire (which looked especially good through the glasses).

Current temps: 13 deg C / 55 deg F

Have a great Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #112 Poll