The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good afternoon (here anyway) and morning to those still in morning. it's currently 63F here in ME and it's a beautiful sunny day. I was out in the garden all morning yesterday still trying to clean up from last fall. I've got one more section which I had planned for tomorrow and now see rain in the forecast so we'll have to see. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, I'm so tired this morning. :smt015 I've got the mobile on the night stand because I'm on grandmother alert, and one of the stable girls decided to text me bright and early. :setc_090: Temps are 8 deg C/46 deg F and it's still pouring out there. I need to get some ironing done. Hope you all have a far better start to your days than I did.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A good morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew and the chilly breeze/sunny day combination continues. Not sleeveless weather quite at the moment.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a thrilling Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #114 Poll

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Breezy and cool this morning. A front moved thru last night bringing us 1.75 inches of rain. We really needed it, some of my flowers would have rather it had fallen over a longer time period...1.75 inches (4.5 centimeters) in 20 minutes tends to flatten some plants. Hope the sun later this afternoon will help them spring back up.

Advertisement
  5. xylona

xylona Seedling

Good morning from Quincy, Illinois. It is cloudy here and we are supposed to get a little bit of rain. If it doesn't then I will be out watering the plants myself. Of course I am going to have to keep a better eye on them for the next week, since we are only supposed to get sun.

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Just got back from doing all my errands and grocery shopping, its sunny and a bit cool, and calling for major frost tonight.

7. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the North Woods of Wisconsin. We've been busy the last several days, and I haven't been at the computer much. Although it's 4:00 PM, I'll say good morning anyway. It's been a very nice day to day, in the 60s and mostly sunny, with big billowy clouds out of the south west, there's lots of space between for the sun. Mimi and I went for a kayak ride out on the lake, first time this year. We are still in the cleanup mode here.
    Tom

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, it's 7 deg C/45 deg F and sunshine. I'm going to decorate outside with birch, hang the costumes out for airing and do a general tidying-up for tomorrow. Enjoy your Friday. :D

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon to one and all. Slept with the window ajar last night but didn't count on the chilly draught. That was a mistake as my teeth chattering awoke me :eek: Brrr.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a fab Friday!

10. xylona

xylona Seedling

Good morning everyone. It got a little cool here last night as well. The furnace in our house popped on for the first time in like a month. It is currently 39 degrees (not sure what that is in celcius). It is clear and supposed to get up to 75 degrees today.
    Good sun for my dear little plants!

11. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. Cool here also. At least its sunny, hopefully it'll warm up later.

Thank goddess its payday! W00T!

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its Friday, its sunny but a bit cool here, and its a long weekend for us.....no work on Monday!!!

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Cool and breezy but sunny out. It is supposed to go up to the mid 70's today. It would be nice as my old bones don't like cold and damp. Have a good day. Wannabe

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning. We've been to get the truck serviced, did a bit of shopping, had breakfast and we're home again. Need to go to the bank and library and post office in a bit. sunny and warm today. dooley

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good late afternoon all.

Had to get a new battery for Randy's truck, since the old one was under warranty the new one was FREE, that was a relief. Had lunch, wandered thru our favorite thrift store then back home. Two out of three of us are taking naps, it's now too warm for gardening so I think I will make an attempt at cleaning out the filing cabinet and getting it better organized.