The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny and not so warm today. We got a good amount of rain yesterday...of course most of it was falling fast and heavy as I was making the 45 minute drive to take youngest daughter to a Drs. appt, to a place we had never been before and in the rain we couldn't find the building. We got soaked going from car to office door and since we both wear Crocs, our socks were soaking wet too.
    Oh, well her tests came out perfectly normal and my garden got 1.5 inches/3.8centimeters of rain. So it was a fantastic day all round.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and 55. I guess I must work around here a bit today. Wannabe

3. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning all. It's 59F here today in ME but the wind is blowing like crazy and only if your in the sun are you ok without a sweatshirt. But, it's not snowing so I'll take it. It's hard to believe it's almost the first of June as the weather has been so crazy. Y'all have a great day.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning Stewbies, and a glorious morning it is! Not even nine in the morning and we've got 15 deg C/59 deg F already. This will be a hot one!

Things are growing like mad out there, I'm hopping about with the watering can, Catsaway bottle and a big plastic bag for weeds. Spring is such a fun time! Enjoy your Thursday all.

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Yet another day in the 90's around here, maybe just the low 90's yipeee!! Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?
    And another day of not getting to play in the dirt and I am really feeling the irritation building...I need to dig and weed and plant before I start hitting things. Maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:

6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I told my bf a few mins ago "its sad when just a few years ago, "sleeping in" was waking up past noon, and now its waking up at 8am o.o"

I'm happy cause I bought this awesome pair of knee-high high-heel boots off eBay yesterday *dances around*

Its sunny today, but a bit chilly, I hope it warms up later cause Im tired of the cold

7. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

Good morning from Vermont. Another very cold night. Frost on the car but somehow not on the ground. Another few weeks and hopefully we will be away from the frost danger and plants can go in the garden. :stew1:

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning, I'm back! DD and I have had a flu bug for about a week, but she's back in school today, and I'm planning on getting some tomato plants in the ground. Cold and heavy overcast this morning, but it'll be good to get on my bike.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all, had a busy day today to far. I was up at 7:00 to join my old Swedish class for an early picnic. We played a few lawn games and basked in the sun, it was great fun!

Current temps: 18 deg C / 64 deg F.

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #117 Poll

10. Droopy

Good morning, it's already 15 deg C/59 deg F this morning (08.30) but it's grey. We've got rain predicted, but I hope I'll be able to dig around outside befor that starts. And I need to "dig" a bit indoors as well. :D

Yesterday was warm, 22 deg C/72 deg F, a bit too hot to work outside in so I didn't. I went and gave the horses a bath instead. :D

11. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Good Morning all! Today we might actually get that sun that has be predicted for 2 days now. Its 8C or 46F right now, but supposed to go up to 12C or 52F. If its sunny I plan on picking all the dandelion flowers i can find to start my wine. Then take a day and go play outside for a while.

I'm also thinking about if i should start some cheese before our big birthday party here. but we'll see as the day goes on.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon all from a very sunny and roasting Malmö. It sun-burn weather.

Busy day ahead today as one of my best friends is turning 30 and we shall throw a big party for her (not a surprise party). So lots of fun awaits :)

Current temps: 21 deg C / 70 deg F.

Have a sunny Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #117 DECIDER

13. Droopy

Good early afternoon, this is a warm one! 23 deg C/73 deg F and partly cloudy, and I'm glad it is too. :D Outside playing with newspaper and bark chips, but will be off to the stables shortly. I think a slow trip on horseback is a good idea today. Enjoy your day all. :D

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Morning all. Currently 17°C and sunny although the weatherman had called for rain and thunderstorms all day. I'd better get out to the gardens while the sun is shining! Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all.
    Another day in the 90-95 degree (32-35C) range.....can I start my annual summer heat complaining yet??? The only thing that keeps each day from being a blast furnace all day long is the morning temps are still in the low 70's (20'sC) until about 11 and I can get 2-3 hours of gardening done.