The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. Lots of wind and gusts to day. Storms last night, and later, again to day. For all intents and purposes, it's 80 F (27 C) to day and again tomorrow. The first 80 degree day since last September. The Daffodils seem to have given their last hoorah, and the Tulips are opening. The trees are about ½ in leaf, I think winter is over. Although we had frost on the 27th. Have a good day.
    Tom

[​IMG]

2. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Morning all. Well, it is the wee small hours of Saturday here in Essex and I am still up toodling around on the net. Mark is away in Germany at the moment so I am feeling rather lonely. Done all the housework this evening which means tomorrow I can potter around in the front garden as it needs weeding and the daffs need cutting down now. Have a good day folks.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all on one of the hottest days of the year so far. How is it in your corner of the world?

Current temps: 25 deg C / 77 deg F.

Have a great Saturday!

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good afternoon, another warm and lovely day here. I've moved 7 plants so far. Big ones too! Have another 5 or 6 to go, depending on how much energy I've got.

Temps are 23 deg C/73 deg F and there's a bit of wind.

I'm waiting for my husband to come back with soil and bark, and I hope he hasn't stumbled into one of the "Toys for Boys" shops because then I might not see him until tomorrow. :D

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Already 22°C this morning with a steamy high of 32°C expected. I'm off to the dentist this morning and then to the local fire station. The town is giving away free compost today, 3 containers per family.
    Have a great day all :)

6. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

'Morning, all. My little one (7 months) has had me awake since 5:30 a.m., so I'm in a bit of a fog right now. It is going to be our hottest day yet here in southern WI, 89 degrees or so. Today (after I catch a nap), I'm going to catch a couple of the nasty little red bugs eating my perennials, put them in a baby food jar, and march into the local greenhouse to see if they have a resident amateur entomologist. I'm not sure if they will be able to help me, but I'm at wit's end. Wish me luck!

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Going to be a steamy day today....95F/35C.

No yard work this morning since I didn't get up early enough to beat the heat to my yard. The winds have eased up some so that might make it comfy enough to start painting on the table top, under the patio awning of course.

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. Its storming outside, lots of thunder and lightning. The dogs seemed very happy to see me home from work for lunch. Ive never really noticed if Angel was afraid of storms, she seems to be unhappy about it. Macy is as calm as you please. I like summer storms though, I hate when it rains and is cold. Its rather humid today and is supposed to be sunny and 90's tomorrow.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 77 and cloudy at present. Sunny and 92 later today. It is humid so I plan on staying inside. Have a good day. Wannabe

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Afternoon to all,Its hot hot hot here in Texas today.We have had no rain.The news said Madisonville got rain yesterday but I'm 8 miles north and not here.Its 95 degrees on my porch now.Have a good day all.

11. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning Everyone.......well just barely, gee it is 11:00 already? Guess I better get to my workout (Indoors of course!). Wishing everyone a wonderful Weekend!!!!!! Phoenix is suppose to hit triple digits today so in the 90's for us here.

12. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Top of the mornin' to you from sunny NC . . . where it is 70 degrees already at 7:23 AM . . . we are expecting it to hit 99 here today . . . I hope not . . . I am wilting in this heat, :'( and we have not had rain in several days . . so the watering can is getting quit a work out . . . so am I. :oops:

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 22°C with a nice breeze. Another hot day today with a high of 31°C. I'm really liking this heat!
    Well, I stopped to get my free compost yesterday only to find out I arrived a week late. Darn it!
    Have a great day all :)

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another steamy day on tap for us. May get some rain tomorrow and a high of under 90 but for today it will be sunny, humid, no rain and windy.

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all at GardenStew. Boy is it ever warm here, I feel like taking my skin off. I'm such a warm weather lightweight :)

Current temps: 25 deg C / 77 deg F.

Have a sunny Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #119