The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and warm here. I'm hoping to finish my terraces and garden area today and actually get something planted in the ground and in some pots. Have a nice day. dooley

2. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Very hot here, Dooley, in the 90's. Summer definitely here. Managed to spray roses, water new plants and put in 6 Bandana Cherry Sunrise Lantana before I retreated to ac.

gardengater

3. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Morning all. The sun has decided to show itself again so a lovely day ahead for me. I have weight watchers - eeek - first thing, then off to work, not a great garden today, but it all pays the bills.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew, another glorious day here in Malmö. Quite amazing.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Enjoy the start to your week!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #119 Poll

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Today could possibly be the 2nd day in four weeks that the high temp doesn't even reach 90....but, and there always is one isn't there?....that is only if we get some of the storms in the forecast.
    I am not holding my breath waiting for them.

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. It's a hazy looking sky this morning, with filtered sunlight. It's 64 F (18 C) @ 7:30 this morning, and going up into the 70s today. The weather has been very unstable over the last 5 or 6 days, and will likely remain so, through out the rest of the week. The rain we have gotten has been limited, but the fire danger is "low" on all the signs, and that's good. All the nasty storms have passed south of us. The lake is reaching swimming temperatures, about 64 F. I was in the water some (in waders) and got the dock mostly installed. It still needs some leveling, and aligning, but I'll do that when the water gets just a little warmer. Have a good Monday.
    Tom

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all, been busy. The horses had dentist's appointments. We're back to "normal" summer weather now. 13 deg C/55 deg F, lots of rain and gail force winds. Both outdoors barbeque does scheduled for today are cancelled. I can't say I'm sorry about it. ;)

8. Droopy

Good morning, 10 deg C/50 deg F and pouring for the third day running. This is good for the wildlife, and very good for my home. I've been shovelling outside for days, now it's time to shovel inside.

Enjoy your Tuesday all.

9. Frank

Good morning all Stewbies and a cooler day is to be had here in Malmö. Almost rained but not quite, maybe we'll get some soon.

Current temps: 18 deg C / 64 deg F.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #119 Poll

10. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning ALL. Another warm day here in Carefree, but I am up earlier and earlier to do my walks......I used to always be out there by 5AM and back just after 6, it is 5:15 now so my goal today is 5:30! I know there is no rain in the forecast, but the drought tolerant plants are all in bloom especially in the court yard and they look very pretty and very happy!

We here in this part of the country are pretty used to the idea of hot hot hot from now until about October---it will remain around that 100F to 110F/38C to 44C. It is really dry and I know people make fun of it all the time but it really does make a huge difference to minus the humidity!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!

11. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the North Woods of Wisconsin. It's a wonderful day here today. The skies are clear today, and it's 62 F (17 C). Probably well into the 70s later in the day. We are getting ready for a quick trip to Milwaukee on Thursday, for about a week. It's Alex's 4th birthday, and we can't miss that. Also the house down there is in the middle of a remodeling project, and we are anxious to see the progress. Have a good day today.

Tom

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Today is starting out so much better than the past 2-3 weeks. A cool front moved thru yesterday evening, brought my yard over .5 inches of rain and cooler temps...should only reach the low 90s.

The weeds should be easier to pull, maybe I can get a lot more area cleaned up in the front.

13. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good afternoon all!
    Hey Calomaar
    I heard you guys drained a lake. Bummer!!!! For you and for us. We're gonna get a lot of water here pretty soon! LOL
    Sorry about your lake.

14. Droopy

Good morning from still-wet mid-Norway of the low temps. 9 deg C/48 deg F and we could probably fill up Calomaar's lake with all the rain we're having.

Since the weather's so horrid, I'm fetching a friend and we're going to chat about horses and gardens until we're hoarse. Have a lovely Wednesday!

15. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon to you all.Not the nicest weather in the world here, quite windy and with scattered showers. And then there is some sun also, looks like the day is confused.

Current temps: 12 deg C / 54 deg F.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!