The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning/Afternoon online gardening friends! 110 for Phoenix today ---- Toni, Can I come to your party!?!?!? :D
    Hope everyone is having a pleasant Sunday! Also HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! ~~~ to all the dads out there.
    Yeah, wouldn't it be nice Calomaar to be 4 again even for just a few days! Happy day to all..........

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Well June was almost half over before we reached 100 for the first time, actually we topped out at 101 but what's another degree when the day already feels like the inside of a very humid oven.
    The 'feels like' temperature in the shade yesterday afternoon was between 105-110.
    Just a little over three months until Autumn.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, another cold one here, 13 deg C/55 deg F but dry. We started out dry yesterday too, but by evening it poured. Typical of this region. The temps will probably rise by 5 deg C/41 deg F as the day grows older. It usually does if the sun stays out. I'm running some errands and have to prepare some food for this evening's school do. Other than that I have little planned, which suits me fine. Enjoy your Tuesday.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. Well yesterday was a busy day as I travelled back home to Ireland for a surprise vacation :D My folks were mightily surprised! I'm here for a week now so expect a week of Irish weather reports :)

Current temps: 15 deg C / 59 deg F.

Have a top Tuesday!

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Forecast says it will be 101 today. I guess summer must be here. I need to go water some plants before it gets too hot. I'm not sure what else is on the agenda for today. Not too much maybe. Never know for sure what's going on until it happens. dooley

6. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning! Wishing everyone a wonderful day ~~~
    After 2 nights of parties we are ready for a night off. :setf_056:

I have resorted to indoor workouts :smt041 :setf_045: for now due to 80F/27C at 0500 and it just goes up from there. 113F/45 the weather man just said on the radio for our high today. It amazes me to wonder how the trees and plants survive out there with no rain!!! Uggghhh.....
    Have fun visiting your parents in Ireland Frank...sounds fun!

7. toni

Good morning all. Yesterday was 101 again with a feels like of 105 because of the high humidity. Shouldn't be quite that hot today, only mid-90's.

Summer Solstice aka mid-summer, coming up this weekend. I just hope the suns trip south is as quick as its trip north was.

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and mild today. 70's with a slight breeze. We had a busy day yesterday so don't plan on much today. Have a good one and stay safe wherever you are. Wannabe

9. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Weather

We're in the mid 80's today. Another visitor - a junior black snake. I'm afraid I have a family. They avoid me and I avoid them. Have a good day everyone.

Gardengater

10. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

Good morning..it is in the upper 60's today and a day to do needed indoor chores. We are having thunderstorms on and off all day. Just when you think it will be nice another one comes through. Everyone have a good day. :)

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We had a wet afternoon yesterday, and today we're promised thunderstorms and lots of rain in the afternoon. I shall have to hurry and get a few things done outside.

Temps are 14 deg C/57 deg F. Enjoy your Wednesday all.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all Stewbies and it's a windy Irish day so far. Yesterday was very very windy, almost got blown away as I walked the dog.

Current temps: 14 deg C / 57 deg F.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #121

13. toni

Good morning all. I had high hopes of nice cooler weather, low 70's, that would allow me to work in the yard this morning. I totally forgot that the temp might be low but the humidity was in the 80% range. I did get about 30 minutes of weed pulling done.
    Plus the rain we got yesterday turned the black clay into a goopy mass, so when it sucked a shoe right off my foot and I had to bring in an excavation crew to retrieve it before the clay dried back to it's concrete form, I decided that the yard could do without me yet another day.

AC is about to be turned on, doors and shutters closed for just another typical summer day.
    Is it fall yet?

14. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is sunny and 60 this morning but going up to 80 today.I got some weeds pulled yesterday and have to go buy some flowers today. Have a good day. Wannabe

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. I think, more blueberries than muffin. I'm off in a few minutes to do summer reading program at Dan's library. The librarian up in Prescott Valley helped me with directions for an ant farm that I am going to start some 10 and 11 year old kids working on for the next program in two weeks. No program next week, just entertainment. It's going to be 101 today. dooley