The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning, well afternoon. It's going to 102 this afternoon. I'm taking a break from moving a huge wood pile. The neighbor said he'd send his "strapping" boys over to help when they get back. They are all gone somewhere. We have some other stuff to move and sort out. dr bought a truckful off tools of all kinds at a yard sale we weren't going to go to on Friday. Oh, well, it keeps us out of trouble. dooley

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, another 12 deg C/54 deg F and pouring day. I'll check on the newly dug border drainage and spend the rest of the day indoors. Hope you'll all have a lovely, fun-filled Monday.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. Weather is pleasant in Ireland today. It's the last day of my vacation so it will be sad to leave everyone again tomorrow :(

Current temps: 15 deg C / 59 deg F.

Have a great Monday!

4. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

Good morning from rainy Vermont...it is again raining and storms are moving though the area. Hope everyone has a great day.

:stew1:

Advertisement
  5. dooley

Good morning! Forecast is for 100 degs today. Tomorrow it's only going to be 99 so it's getting cooler. No rain in forecast. dooley

6. Droopy

Good morning all, another wet one, and even chillier than yesterday. 9 deg C/48 deg F.

We were going to celebrate mid-summer's eve last night, but the girls and my husband refused to get soaked for that, so I have no photos to show you. Sorry. I hope Biita has some, they celebrate much like we do.

7. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning and Good Day everyone! Hot and sunny here as usual but the weather people are talking about storms brewing up around the state of Arizona. This could be a bad thing because sometimes those storms create lightning and no rain or verga (rain that evaporates before it hits the ground) and since the desert is really dry the fires can get nasty. We will do a rain dance and see if that helps!!!
    Droopy - I've never heard of celebrating mid-summers eve, I will have to google it---sounds interesting. :?:
    I guess Frank is on his journey back to Sweden. It is always good to go away and always good to be back home.........except for me. When I go away I am not usually ready to go home. I have a beautiful home to come home to but I just love traveling too much. Guess I am in the right profession, now if I can just get back to work by fall like I plan!
    Stay warm, dry, wet or cool ---- depending where you are!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 100 yesterday and close to that again today and not much hope of rain in the foreseeable future so our water bill is beginning to climb.

9. dooley

Good morning! It's a few degrees cooler here this morning. I've been out and watered everything and put down cups of earwig food so they will stop eating my squash. Of course, if it's birds eating the squash it won't do much good. No rain in our forecast yet. Have a good day. dooley

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is cloudy with pop-up thunderstorms this afternoon. Sunday we had .6 inch of rain and pea size hail in 30 minutes. Have a good day. Wannabe

11. Droopy

Good morning all, we've got dry weather and a bit of sunshine! [​IMG] Oh, this is sooo good, now please somebody send some extra temps. At 13 deg C/55 deg F nothing much is happening out there. I might get the weeds out of the way today. Or I might get the saddles and bridles cleaned and the horse rugs washed and dried. Or maybe both? You never know. Enjoy your Wednesday, I will.

Editing to say we've got hail. Temps dropped by 5 deg C. I'm reclaiming my happy dance to save it for another day. :D

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. My Irish holiday is officially over as I spent most of yesterday travelling back to Sweden. I had a great time at home and was sad to leave (as always). It's amazing how fast the time went :eek:

Current temps: 16 deg C / 61 deg F.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #122 Poll

13. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good Morning from Soggy Central Illinois!
    I hope everyone is wonderful! I have been away from a computer for so long! I finally am back tho.
    Good to be here!

14. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

good morning all, on ym lunch break right now. Sky is cloudy but the sun is peeking through. Warm, but not hot :)

Bought some new daylilys yesterday! Strawberry Candy :D Cant wait till they bloom

15. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I've just ordered 6 new daylilies, Strawberry Candy is among them. Isn't it a lovely shade of pink?