The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's going to be 101 here today but you can only see the sun to the East. There is a fire burning on Crown King mountains. Lots of smoke and ash in the air. It was started by five hikers who got lost and tried to start a signal fire. I guess they did it. yesterday they evacuated the people of Crown King and were putting them up in the gym at Mayer High School which is in Spring Valley between us and Interstate 17. dooley

2. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello everyone

Same as yesterday - I have a mug of coffee in my hands, Stewing and must go back to work for the next three days. :(
    I just wish I could tend my garden and do the things that gardeners do. But not long anymore.

Have a good gardening day everyone.

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

My goodness Dooley - silly hikers - it is so much easier to take a map with and use it instead of making a fire. Poor people from Crown King.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, looks like summer's made a return, at least for the next few days. :D No rain, a bit of cloud and all of 18 deg C/64 deg F today.

We need to get some nice soil for the rock borders, and there's still some horse stuff to sort and clean, but I'll concentrate on getting the new plants in the ground. I'm looking forward to that! Hope you'll get to garden more soon Palm Tree.

Enjoy your Tuesday. :stew1:

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all and it appears to be a really nice morning here....for a couple more hours anyway. At least no triple digits and high humidity until this weekend.
    Going to play out front this morning, then take Amanda around looking for a job and let her practice driving. She turned 21 yesterday and has finally decided that it's time to get serious about getting her drivers license. :rolleyes:

6. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning all. Have some Vinca and Plumbago to put in. The humidity is supposed to be lower today, so it'll be more pleasant. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Gardengater

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and 71 so far today. A good day to do some work outside but will wait until the AC repairman comes. Have a good day. Wannabe

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and hot today. Fire is still burning so it's still smoky. 0 percent contained, it's burned 7 buildings and 5,200 acres. Have a nice day. dooley

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A late good morning / afternoon all, I totally forgot to chime in today. Guess my mind was elsewhere. Gorgeous day here in Malmö, soaked up some sun in the park earlier.

Current temps: 20 deg C / 68 deg F.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - July 2008 Poll
    - Vote in Caption Competition #123 Poll

10. Droopy

Good morning all, a lovely day here, finally! :D We're going to have temps around 24 deg C/75 deg F, and that will be very good for me and the plants. I'm off outside to get my babies in the ground, and then it's back to working on the north side.

Enjoy your Wednesday, hope it's a fun one.

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its hot and supposed to be all week here, i have even had to put the AC on!!

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Warm, 79 and partly cloudy. The sun was out earlier and it was raining. Hubby is mowing the yard and I am getting ready to make lunch. You all have a good day. Wannabe

13. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

GOOD MORNING..........Well for another 5 minutes here :) Kinda late checking in. Been a busy morning------hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful Day!! I won't go into the record heat details here....I will just say it is really, really HOT :smt077

14. Droopy

Good morning, another lovely day. Already 23 deg C/73 deg F and rising. I'm liking this! :D Off outside to plant up the rest of the new aquisitions and do some much-needed trimming here and there. Enjoy your Thursday all.

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. It's quite a scorcher here today, one of the warmest days of the year.
    Yesterday I was out of action because my internet connection was practically down the entire day. It's amazing how much you can take a net connection for granted.

Current temps: 24 deg C / 75 deg F.

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #123 DECIDER
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - July 2008 Poll