The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. It's warm here but doesn't look much like it when you glance out the window, mostly overcast.

Current temps: 21 deg C / 70 deg F.

Have a top Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #126

2. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

The North Woods is quiet and peaceful this morning, there was a thunder storm that interrupted the night, or rather the early morning, leaving everything wet. The morning sun is shining through the wet branches of the trees producing a sparkling fresh look in the forest. It's a fresh 65 degrees, and the cool breeze coming in the window tastes absolutely delicious. The bird's song is echoing through the woods, and I can hear a loon calling out on the lake. At times like this, all seems right in the world. Of course I know better, all I need to do is turn on the TV, but not just now, I'm going to linger in this moment a while longer. Good morning.
    Tom

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    Oh, man, I want to live where you do Calomaar. :'(

'Nuther hot and dry day here. There are storms out west but they are meeting with the invisible wall that has positioned itself about 100 miles west of us and they are dissipating when they hit it. Oh, well, rain would just put an end to our chances of breaking the 'number of days without rain' record and we can't have that now can we. :rolleyes:

4. NINA

NINA New Seed

Good Morning all from the Berkshires! A bright sunny day with a breeze. My birds are singing and the feeders are full. I love looking out at my garden in the early hours and see the cobwebs in the dew on the grass. Coffee's ready,umm, have a good one....

Advertisement
  5. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is sunny and 83 now and is going to 90 today. A few days of warm temps and sun will be welcome to help a lot of things dry out and the rivers to go back down. We need to get out and run some errands today or tomorrow. Have a good day. Wannabe

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny, hot and humid today! More rain this afternoon. I went out and straightened up the mess I had made cleaning the shed. Now, Chance has her yard back. Have a good day. dooley

7. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good Morning everyone.

It is rather chilly here - no rain though. Only 14 degrees C. My dogs do not want to go outside to frolick they are all in the way of me cleaning up.
    But not that it bothers me much - it provides me with an excuse to Stew earlier than usual. (I must only remember to clean up a little later.)

Have a great Stewing day.

8. Frank

Gooood morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Weather has taken a slight temp downturn here in Malmö but still very, very pleasant.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a great Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #126 Poll

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    hehehehe, my comment yesterday implying that we didn't want to break the 'number of days without rain' record must have been considered a challenge by the rain goddess...we got a rain last evening.

The storm started out with really hard winds, reminding Randy that he had not reconnected the tie down on one leg of the patio awning and rain blowing horizontally across the yard soaking the two of us where we sat under the awning to enjoy the rain... but when it was all done, we got just over 3/4 inch of rain. My plants and I are very happy today.

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and 75 here this morning. Forecast is 94 with high humidity. We are out early this morning to run errands and try to beat the heat. Have a good day. Wannabe

11. Frank

Good morning / afternoon to you all at GardenStew. Splashes of rain here and there earlier today but looks to have settled now :)

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Hope you all have a great day!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #126 Poll

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Wisconsin's North Woods are cloudy and quiet for the moment. It's 65 F (18 C) now, and an expected high near 90 F (31 C) later. There is a pretty good chance of storms also, later to day. Looks like an indoor day. Have a good one.
    Tom

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning all.....sorry i havent popped in much latley, with the kids out of school for the summer, my time on the computer is limited,

14. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning all stew. Another hot day out here on the coast. Had coffee out on the porch before it becomes unbearable. Our best time is after 6pm outdoors.
    Gardengater

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny today and I have several things that need doing. Picked more apricots yesterday so need to get them into the freezer. I need to rake under the trees for the ones that the birds pecked so they fell off. They are beginning to smell. I guess I can't put them into the compost or all the seeds will start to grow. Apricot trees? I need to mow the weeds before the rain starts again. I'm still trying to clean and baby proof the house, too. There's never a lack of things to do. Have a good day. dooley