The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I think we have had, so far, 14 days of 100+ but we have a couple of cool days now...only 95 today and 98 tomorrow.....then back into the 100+ range. The humidity is going up so the feels like temp will too. Humidity is all that we are getting from Hurricane Dolly up here.

Palm Tree I am so jealous of your cool weather, I understand that this is your winter...wanna trade for a few days?

2. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

Good morning from a very wet Vermont. It is 67 F and raining very hard...they expect that parts of the state will get over 3 inches of rain. I hope everyone has a great day where ever they are in the world. :stew1:

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good morning. Cloudy and 68 at present but thunderstorms and low 80's later. We worked in the house and yard yesterday so we rest this morning and go shopping this afternoon. You all have a good day. Wannabe

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and humid here today. Rain maybe this afternoon. It missed us yesterday. I'll have to check if my plants in pots need some water. dooley

Advertisement
  5. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good afternoon all. We have a slight reprieve as we are in the 80's this week and some rain. We've no back lash from Dolly and hope those of you in southern Texas are faring well.
    Gardengater

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

G'morning / afternoon all and what a scorcher it is today in Malmö, I think I'm going to melt! :eek:
    Had a great birthday yesterday but stayed out far too late resulting in a bit of a headache today. The new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, was excellent and I highly recommend you catch it in a theatre near you.

Current temps: 26 deg C / 79 deg F.

Have a sunny Saturday!

7. toni

Good morning all....and I am sincere in that greeting even tho I am whinning about the 100+ temps in my body and soul. We have had 10 so far this month with the same for the next 7 days. And just think, this isn't even the hottest part of the year for us. Yipeeeeeee!!!

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Currently 22°C and overcast. We have already had 3 thunderstorms today. They are very mild ones, but enough to keep me from doing the things I want to do today. We really don't need any more rain for a while...we have just set a new record for the wettest July!
    Have a great day all.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 16°C with sun and cloud. More thunderstorms in the forecast for later today. I hope I can get some garden work done between now and then. I started to build an arbor yesterday and I'd like to get it finished.
    Have a great day all :)

10. Frank

Good morning / afternoon all and wow it's warm here. I think it's going to be a blistering August ahead. I imagine the sunscreen companies are rubbing their hands in delight.

Current temps: 27 deg C / 81 deg F.

Have a super Sunday

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #128

11. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good morning all Stewbies

I have been away for two days and it was MAGIC. I went on a hike on in the Maskam mountains' Oorlogskloof. I will post some piccies as soon as I get hold of them from one of the hikers who went with. (My camera wasstolen when my place was burgled.)
    It is nice to be back though and just take time out to stew.

Oh Toni - anytime you want sonme cool weather - feel welcome to visit. ;)

12. toni

Palm, the problem is that your summer would probably strike early the minute I got off the plane ;)

Morning all....notice I left off the 'good' this morning? 105 yesterday, the same again today and bouncing between 103-106 all week and thru next weekend, well except for maybe Wed and Thurs when we will have a cold front that will bring the temps down to 101.
    And then the first week of August is usually our hottest week of the year.

But with forced hibernation in effect, I am getting lots of knitting done while listening to some of the books on tape that I have been saving for summer.

13. Frank

G'morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. I'm kinda surprised I haven't melted yet with this heat. Sure makes working out in the gym that bit harder. Hottest day of the year so far

Current temps: 28 deg C / 82 deg F.

Have a magnificent Monday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #128 Poll

14. NINA

NINA New Seed

Good morning/Good evening all. Nice day today,although we have been having bad thunderstorms. All my lambs ears have fallen over and got rotten. I trimmed alot of them down today. Made me sick to do it so early. :( Have a good one stewies :stew1:

15. cactusflower

cactusflower Seedling

Good Morning Everyone........It is a nice day here in Carefree. Oh yes, it is warm but the evenings have been cooler. Sat out with some friends at their ranch in Cave Creek (the town right next to ours!) and drank some wine last night. And the temps we perfectly gorgeous!!! We had dinner at a restaurant called Cartwrights in Cave Creek. If you don't know the area the town of Cave Creek is very much a cowboy town! Carefree is not at all and it is kind of funny since they are right next to one another. Well off to do my workout (inside of course). Been a stranger since we have been out of town. But we are back for now!!!! Missed ya'll! Have a wonderful wonderful DAY