The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning to you all. It's only 20 deg C at the moment but it's still only 10 am. But if I had to guess it could be one of the warmest days yet.

Current temps: 20 deg C / 68 deg F.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #128 Poll

2. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello all Stewbies

We are expecting some rain and the temps is expected to be between 11 and 18 degrees C.
    Just the kind of weather to have coffee and STew. :stew1: Have a great day everyone.

3. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

good morning!
    We're in for a blistering week. Not much gardening weather. I water and check for pests after 6PM. There are some very nasty biting flies out there right now. looking forward to Sept and August hasn't even started.
    Gardengater

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and hot here today. No rain in the forecast until at least Sunday. We've been watching the forecast since Dan's wedding and reception are outside. Tomorrow they are going to cut weeds and set up tents. We spent the morning trying to fit chairs in our front patio area. Chance has the back one reserved for herself. Have a good day! Dooley

Advertisement
  5. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Can you believe it is the last day of July already :eek: Where has the year gone.
    Anyways it's hot hot hot here.

Current temps: 26 deg C / 79 deg F.

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #129

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its sunny and warm here, its been around 90 most days, but its better then snow!

7. dooley

Good morning! Sunny and hot here today. Lots of things need to be done. I have Erin's quilt sewed together. Just need to add about 150 buttons to it. Yikes! Have a good day. dooley

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Only 104 locally yesterday. Don't know about today, I stopped watching the weather report on the local news. Last I heard it is to be 100-106 and no rain until at least the middle of August.

We did have a weather tease yesterday evening. The sky got all dark and the wind picked up lasted about an hour as a line of storms moved across us. We got just enough drizzle to create a sauna effect when the sun came back out.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 79 and cloudy here today. Forecast says low 90's and high humidity. I will just work in th house today. Later in the evening we will mow the yard. Dooley do you work today or do you have the evening free to finish some work and get started on the salads? Wannabe

10. dooley

I work from 6 to 9 today. I have most everything done and even made two apricot pies. Tom and Andy both called and they will be here tomorrow. Andy will probably come in the morning since they are getting into Phoenix this evening. (Going to Wendy's Aunt Mary's) and Tom will be here after lunch. It's going to be a good day. dooley

11. Frank

G'morning to all you fine, fine Stewbies. It's official: I 'm tired of this hot weather and can't wait for the cooler, damper weather to return. I'm sure growing up in an Irish climate has cemented that I will never be a hot weather person.

Current temps: 20 deg C / 68 deg F.

Have a fab Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - August 2008 Poll
    - Vote in Caption Competition #129 Poll

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 79 with 94% humidity now and temps will get up to mid 90's. It is a good day to stay in and rest. The fence company is coming this afternoon to make Fred's pen 12 x 24 so he has a long run to play. Has your "company" arrived Dooley? Have a good day everyone. Wannabe

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, we have entered day 22 which should be a little less than yesterday, not as much as tomorrow and certainly not as much as Sunday both last and next. This will also be #8 in a row.

We average only 16 per year but have obviously whipped right passed that number. I am hoping beyond hope that we do not try to tie the record of 69 from 1980, 42 of which were in a row. Our average latest occurrence is Aug 25, the latest actual occurrence was Oct 3, 1951. I am of course hoping for the Aug 25th date this year because if it continues into October then the last of my brain cells will have been battered and deep fried, to say nothing of my plants and I will be arguing with the voices in my head.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Morning all its a hot day already here.It was in the high 80s last night and we had 103 temp yesterday.I have to wait until late to water at night.I don't go anywhere unless I have too.
    Dooley have a great time with your family.

15. dooley

Good morning! I finished all 156 buttons on Erin's quilt. Now, I'm taking a break before cooking. Kids haven't arrived yet. Haven't heard from them. They'll be here when they get here. Have a good day. dooley