The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good afternoon all. Wow, Dooley, you're a marvel. Let us know how it goes over. It's hovering around 90 here this week. I'm about to harvest more Muskmelon and Rainbow peppers. Tonight, "goin fishin".
    Gardengater

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all from always sunny Sweden. I'm afraid I'm havig intermittent internet conection problems so if I dissapear from time to time don't call for the search party :)

Current temps: 21 deg C / 70 deg F.

Have a magic Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - August 2008 Poll
    - Vote in Caption Competition #129 Poll

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 19°C and mostly cloudy. Maybe we will get a break from the rain today so I can get some weeding done.
    I've already noticed the days becoming shorter...how depressing!
    Have a great day all :)

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, please send your rain down here Netty and I will gladly share some of this hot weather with you.
    104 yesterday and going up.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We're off to the wedding today. We had a great time with the birthday party last night. Erin loved her quilt. She carried it around with her and put it in the car so it wouldn't get left. She says it matches her room really great. I did get all the buttons sewed on before they got here. Hot and humid here today. Have a good one. dooley

6. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning; Glad your quilt was a hit, Dooley. I'm off to a meet with friends today, being too humid to do anything outdoors. Later, all.
    Gardengater

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Noon. It is hot and sunny here but the humidity is only 52%. Dooley you and DR have a good day and wish the bride and groom a long and happy life. Wannabe

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 20°C and sunny. We did get more rain showers yesterday, but that didn't stop me too long. I managed to get all the grass cut and also scored some red day lilies from my neighbor. Today I will find a spot for them. But first, I'm off to get some groceries.

9. toni

Morning all. Entering day 24, 10 in a row and today will be a record breaker, at least 107 but could reach 110. We have been under a heat advistory for weeks but now it is an Extreme Heat Warning.

105 again yesterday so Randy spent the afternoon in a darkened livingroom watching DVD's. First we watched HellBoy then we watched the old TV series Due South, where the Canadian Mountie gets shipped off to Chicago and the episodes we watched were filmed in winter. Oh it was so lovely.....Hell(boy) was more appropriate for the day but I do love Due South

10. Frank

Good morning / afternoon all from a much cooler and, at times, rainy Malmö. I much prefer this recent downturn in temperatures :)

Current temps: 21 deg C / 70 deg F.

Have a fun Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #129 DECIDER

11. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning, for a few more minutes. Our forecast said sunny and 88 but it is actually 65 and thunderstorms. Have a quiet Sunday. Wannabe

12. Frank

G'morning all, we have RAIN :) Well not at this exact moment but it awoke me earlier. It was needed, the vegetation may attest to that.

Off-topic but I have just made the Good Morning Thread a sticky topic, finally.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a marvellous Monday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #129 DECIDER

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C and sunny. I managed to get my Lily's planted yesterday and then I went to the garden center and bought a few new perennials. I will get them planted somewhere (??) today. It might just involve making a new garden somewhere in which case I'll have to go back and get more plants. I think I'm out of control!

14. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Good Monday morning... we had RAIN in east Texas yesterday afternoon. Was totally unexpected. Rained hard for about an hour...with lots of thunder and lightening. A bit cooler this morning, but from the rain the humidity today will be horendous. Tropical storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico and should bring us more rain by Wednesday. Hurricane Eduardo scheduled to hit the Texas coast by morning on Tuesday around Beaumont, Galveston area. Batten down the hatches !!!!

15. toni

Morning all. 107 yesterday and probably again today. I have an outdoor thermometer, one with the sensor outside and the digital readout inside. The sensor hangs in total shade from two large pecan trees on the north side of the house and that read 105 yesterday.

Gaylyn, thought you probably had gotten rain yesterday when I saw the radar of the storms. We are high and dry as usual, it all went just a few miles south of us.