The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

The North Woods is quiet for the moment, unlike a couple hours ago, thunder storms went through, as they did earlier in the night. 65 and cloudy, and the breeze is still, the trees are still, and there is just the slightest ripple on the lake. The house is quiet too, but that's because we are alone after a week with the kids and grand kids. They sure bring life and continued activity to the house. Alex took too many steps backward while fishing from the pier and fell into the lake. When he bobbed up for air, he still had his fish pole clutched in his 4 year old hand. Now he has a story to tell his friends at school.
    Tom

2. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

Good Monday Morning Everyone!
    Good to be here. Illinois is quiet today. Lovely weather outside. Looking forward to planting more tonight.

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is sunny and 84 and to go up to the mid 90's today. These are days I like to stay in but I have appointments this afternoon. Have a good day. Wannabe

4. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

We should be in the mid-ninties this week. Wish that tropical storm would veer this way, Kuntrygal. We are still in medium drought here on the coast. Keep cool you folks from texas and Arizona, all southern states! Watching old movies is a good pastime for this weather. One of my faves was Northern Exposure and the snow made me feel cooler.
    Gardengater

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We had a big storm last evening and it's still cloudy and cool here this morning. More storms for this afternoon. Back to work today. Have a nice day. dooley

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew and the rain in Malmö continues. I'm not complaining :)

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a thrilling Tuesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #130

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

:sete_014: Good morning, all. Feeling rather beat up today so I'll make the morning tour and :smt015 today. Have a great day!
    Gardengater

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Looks like our 100+ degree days-in-a-row streak will end today with only around 100 on day 25. Tropical Storm Edouard will send some clouds and lower temps, upper 90's, our way but not likely any rain...again.

Hope our Stew friends in Illinois and Indiana are safe today after the storms that hit some areas last night.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Showers here but no heavy storms. We are under a thunderstorm watch for today and highs in the 90's.Have a good day.Wannabe

10. NINA

NINA New Seed

Morning all. Today will be the best day of the week, about 80. Looking at showers for the rest of the week. So I'm busy doing laundry,I like to hang it out to dry. :sete_078:

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good Morning everyone.We had an inch of rain Sunday evening my plants little heads perked up some.It looks like Edouard will bring us some rain and some wind not sure how much.It came in about 155 or 160 miles from me.Toni and kuntrygal I sure hope ya'll get some of the rains.
    Have a good day all.

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny here this morning. Rain expected later this afternoon. Nothing doing here today. dooley

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

G'morning all from a 'slightly sunnier than the past few days' Malmö. Weather should hold up today I reckon, we shall have to see.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a wicked Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #130 Poll

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The streak of 100+ days has come to an end, yesterday was #25....at least this streak has.
    August is still young and Sept is coming so there are still plenty of days for more streaks like that.
    TS Edouard has sent us clouds to give us a break from the sun for a few hours, not much hope for rain this far north tho.

15. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning y'all, we've got rain here in ME today. Current temp is 63F so it's a little chillier than it's been. We've had strange weather all summer but lots of sun to mix with the lots of rain so it's all good. Mostly it's been warm. I've missed y'all and it's good to be back. Have a great day!