The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 75 and sunny at present. I spoke to soon yesterday. After my note we had strong storms with wind and hail and 1 1/2 inches of rain. No damage though. Today we still have storm watches but we can stay in today. Have a good one. Wannabe

2. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning, all. Carolina skies are blue again today. Clipped three pretty blooms from my roses today for a rose bowl and retreated to the ac. Have a good day!
    Gardengater

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning all.We had a good rain from our tropical storm 3 1/2 inches showed in the gage.I think it was more and the wind blew pretty hard.I hope we get more but this part of Texas really needed what we recieved so bad.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Lots of lightning last night but no rain. The major storm went east and south of us. It's still overcast and gray this morning. Only in the 70's right now but going up to 88. It was cool in the library last night. There was no sun during the day to heat up the glass windows and the a/c was still cranking out so it got cooler than usual. Maybe rain this afternoon. dooley

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all at GardenStew. It's a blinding day here today, guess the sun hasn't left us after all.

Current temps: 26 deg C / 79 deg F.

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #130 Poll

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. A whoppin' 2/100ths of an inch of rain yesterday then the sun came out and we had our own Sauna for the rest of the day. No triple digit degree days for the next week it looks like and I might be able to get outside really early Saturday morning to work on the front side garden a little.

7. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good morning y'all, Toni I wish I could send some of my rain to y'all in Texas. It was raining buckets again this morning, but has currently stopped. I can't tell if the sun is going to come out or not. I've come to not depend on the forcast as it's always wrong. Current temp is 63F, but I hope it warms up some.

It never warmed up or stopped raining yesterday so there's that chill and dampness in the house and air that just gets in your bones.

I guess I shouldn't complain, it could be 105 like has been in Texas...

Everyone have a wonderful day.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! More thunder and lightning last night but no rain. It rained some up the hill. Nothing planned for today. I thought to cut the grass but not today. Hot and humid, chance of rain this evening. Guess I'll water the plants. dooley

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning all .The heat is back again here in Texas.I will try to mow later this afternoon after the sun goes down.Its to be 95 degrees today.
    Have a great day.

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to all Stewbies. Registered for my new Swedish lessons yesterday so I start the next stage of my Swedish education on Monday. Quite excited :)

Current temps: 18 deg C / 64 deg F.

Have a fab Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #130 DECIDER

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. The weatherman is calling for yet another wet day. We had thunderstorms last night and a "water spout" appeared over the lake sending my kids into a frenzy...they thought it was a tornado!
    Some of my gardens are underwater today.
    Have a great day all.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. I spoke too soon about the triple digit temps being over. 105 yesterday. Overcast today with rain around us but instead of moving towards us it is dissipating. Okay, I will take a day without sunshine if that is all I can get.

13. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

We had a glorious thunderstorm last night with a "gully-washer". Still hot, but all the plants are revived. Enjoy your Swedish lessons, Frank and good day to all.
    Gardengater

14. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 65 and sunny. It is supposed to be cool for a few days. Low 80's instead of high 80's. We ran all our errands yesterday so only have a few we forgot to do today. Have a good day. Wannabe

15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 14 deg C/57 deg F and grey today. While we were away the temps were between 25 C/77 F and 32 C/90 F for more than a week. Very unusual for here. Got a lot of newspapers and other mail to go through this morning, and the borders are crying for my attention. Have a nice Saturday!