The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from Wisconsin's North Woods. It's 65 and mostly cloudy this morning. There is very little breeze to disturb the bird songs echoing through the woods. However there is an annoying dog across the lake that won't stop barking, and from time to time his humans start to yell at him and the noise doubles. Thank goodness they are only here for the week. I've been watching the Olympics some, that's quite a show that the Chinese are putting on.
    Tom

2. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

welcome

Welcome cwbyday, from coastal Carolina. Glad you've joined us. We'll be looking forward to anything you share with us. :setc_005:

Gardengater

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Currently 17°C and raining AGAIN. I left work early because of the rain...it was just too wet to get anything done. So I will catch up on some housework. Fun wow.
    Have a great day all.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. After the wind of yesterday we got a spot of heavy lightning and today it is pouring down. Definitely jacket weather now.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a top Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #131 Poll

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.

I was going to be in the yard this morning but am still sore from the fall I took on Monday and besides we are heading towards 100 degrees again today and the grandsons are with us for a couple of days...all good excuses to stay inside.
    I think I might pull out the waffle iron, the boys will love chocolate chip waffles and I can thaw out some blueberries for mine...and Randy too if he gets to them before I do. ;)

6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 73 and cloudy here today. No great plans. You all have a good day. Wannabe

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny here right now. It usually cloud s up by afternoon though. Should go water some plants as the rain has scattered a lot this week and we've had rain but no great amount. Lots in the forecast though. Dooley

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. We've had a couple of days of wet and gray, and even some thunder and lightning. There's serious flooding in the south-eastern part of Norway again. Today seems like a partly nice day. We've got the sun but lots of clouds too.

Temps are 17 deg C/63 deg F and rising.

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 10°C and overcast. We managed to get a full day without rain yesterday! Today we are expecting thunderstorms AGAIN! Oh well, I won't have to water the gardens again today.
    Have a great day all. :)

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Goooood morning / afternoon all on a sunny Friday in Malmö. Finished my first week of new Swedish lessons and the conclusion is that it's a lot tougher, no English to be heard whatsoever. Fortunately I like a challenge :twisted:

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Enjoy your Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #131 Poll

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Goooooood Morning all and it is a gooooooood morning here. We had a good, old fashioned rain storm last night, first we have had since April. 1.75 inches on my yard and the forecast is for even more over the next 5 days. The High Pressure system that has been hovering over us since early May has finally moved off somewhere else, that is allowing some rain and cooler temps to come down from the north.
    Totally unusual for August in north Texas but ever so welcome and needed.

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 72 and sunny. Promises of scattered thunderstorms but so far thay haven't scattered here. Have a good day. Wannabe

13. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning....oops...good afternoon all! it's hot hot hot here! heading near 100! Curly, our pup met his first porcupine yesterday morning. luckily just 4 quills in his nose, ouch, and hubby pulled them out easily with plyers. Curly was such a good kid! upon waking this morning, i ran out to check him and he was fine. guess he learned his lesson! have a great day all!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! No rain yet but clouds are gathering. I hope we aren't having anyone else's rain. After several years of drought we are having record rains this summer. Weeds are outgrowing us in some spots. Just can't seem to keep up with them. We have hot, too. Wet and Hot, a jungle anyone! dooley

15. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. Weatherman says we will have 2 full days without rain and I sure hope he's right! Today I will spend most of the day at the soccer field with the kids. It is the final day and hopefully we will come home with some Trophy's.
    Have a great day all :)