The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good afternoon all. The humidity is high today. We're going to have some weather later this week from Hurricane Fay. Our turn I guess.

Gardengater

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny with clouds building. Yesterday's storm just edged us. thunder, lightning and a few sprinkles. Have a good day. dooley

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good good morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew on another mixed weather day here in Malmö. It's hard to know whether to bring a jacket with you or not, quite unpredicatble rain-wise.

Current temps: 20 deg C / 68 deg F.

Top Tuesday greetings to all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #132 Poll

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Yesterday was great, steady sprinkles almost all day so it soaked into the hard as concrete black clay instead of running off into the street. Still overcast this morning with more and heavier rain coming later.

I cleaned up my part of the backroom yesterday, today before the rains come I am going to clean up outside and in my bloom house.

Advertisement
  5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good wet Texas morning to you all.It rained slow and then hard all evening
    yesterday and all night last night not all heavy but steady and is still raining .I got 2 3/4 inches now and is to rain all day.Blessed rain ,my plants has liven't up I mowed but didn't get to weed eat so the weeds are perked up too.

6. Frank

G'morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew. Sun is shining at the moment but a little earlier it looked like rain. I have plenty to do online anyhow so no outside time for me today :)

Current temps: 18 deg C / 64 deg F.

Wednesday greetings to all!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #132 DECIDER

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sun is shining here today. No clouds, no rain. Even with all the rain I had to water the plants yesterday. Why do weeds grow with rain but not the plants? dooley

8. toni

Good morning all. Once again all the good amounts of rain were either south/southeast or northwest of us and we were in this gaping hole in the middle. My yard got 3/4 inch during this week, which is better than nothing but not nearly enough to satisfy me. :'(

Oh well, the overcast sky, cooler temps and the rain we got were an awesome surprise for August in Texas.

I was able to get my part of the backroom cleaned up, the messy area of the backyard and my bloom house cleaned up, cleared out and put to rights. My back is killing me when I stand up today so I think I will spend most of the day knitting and listening to books on tape.

9. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

morning all! we had thunder and lightening day before yesterday and it started a couple fires 30 plus miles from us. yesterday the air was full of smoke, but last night and today it's been raining. so nice not to have to run out first thing in the day to water the gardens before the heat. have a good one all!

10. songlim18

songlim18 Seedling

Goooooooooood morning Singapore! 0845hrs and at this very moment, it is bright and sunny. Temperature: 24 to 32 degrees celsius. Relative Humidity: 65 to 90 percent. However, the weather man indicates that its partly cloudy, showers with thunder mainly over many areas expected in the late morning. Wishing you a pleasant day in your country.

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, a grey one today. They've promised us rain, but I'm sceptical. It can hold off until after the week-end for my sake, I haven't got time for rain. I've got some virus or other in the computer, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of it! :rolleyes:

Temps are cooling fast. 16 deg C/61 deg F this morning. Have a lovely Thursday all.

12. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon to you all from a relatively calm Malmö day. It's easy to feel a real draw on the days now, here comes Autumn.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a happy Thursday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #132 DECIDER II

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Rainy and cool,68 here this morning. My plants really need water and forecast is for gentle rain up to 1/2 inch. Have a good day. Wannabe

14. toni

Good morning all. We actually did have a bit more rain yesterday afternoon for a total of 1.25 inches in my yard so far and the forecast is for scattered storms all thru next week.

Autumn, what a lovely word. I would like to experience this Autumn of which you speak, it sounds wonderful.

15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. It started raining yesterday, and it's still raining today, so I'm playing in the PlantStew instead of in the garden. :D

Temps are about 16 deg C/61 deg F, so we can't complain. I need to get the house sorted, but that's really old news. I always need to get the house sorted. :oops:

Have a delightful Friday all. :D