The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I'm having a day off today so I'll probably work too hard. I've got quite a lot to do here, but first breakfast. dr found a recipe in a magazine for pancakes that take six eggs and cottage cheese. Only 1/2 cup of flour. Sounds like I should try it since he bought the ingredients for me. Have a good day, dooley

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 74, cloudy and high humidity here today. I don't know about pancakes with cottage cheese so you will have to let us know if they were good. Nothing exciting here today, just the usual Friday routine. You all have a good day. Wannabe

3. Peppersage

Peppersage In Flower

Good Morning all.

78 degrees, sunny and not very humid, perfect weather for the lawn and garden work i'm not gonna do. It's also a good day to play with the dogs until Wendy comes home, then we'll go to lunch. Maybe tomorrow will be hot and muggy, then i'll work.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 19°C with sun and cloud. Weatherman is calling for a hot and humid day.
    Today we will spend the day at the cottage with my family to celebrate 3 birthdays. That means there will be 3 cakes :) Have I ever mentioned that I love cake? LOL
    Have a great day all!

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good early afternoon all, lovely morning here, but it's clouding over now. :( Temps are 18°C/64°F and the air is definately autumn-like.

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon to you all. It's pouring down here in Malmö, not a nice day to be outdoors at all. Temperature has dropped too.

Current temps: 14 deg C / 57 deg F.

Have a top Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #133

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's going to be sunny and 99 today. We're off to work in a bit. Have a good day everyone. dooley

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Summer has returned, I knew it would but just wish the humidity had not stayed around too.

Amanda starts a parttime job on Monday, yeeehaaaawww. Hasn't been able to get anyone to hire her in over a year and a half. Not that parttime jobs are scarce just that there are too many new residents out there looking too.
    Today we go shopping for black pants to wear with the shirt they provide her.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 84 and humid today and it is only 10:00. Not much planned for today. Have a good weekend. Wannabe

10. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

It's a bright sunny day, with billowy clouds gliding across the sky west to east. It's 60 F (16 C) after an overnight low in the high 40's A little rain fell last night, here in Wisconsin's North Woods, about ¼ inch. Not much, but anything at all is appreciated at this point. The trees have lost their summer luster, and there are signs of fall colors starting. Can it be??? Another summer is nearly over??? I guess so, looking at the calendar. It still looks like a nice day, hope yours is nice too.
    Tom

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Hot and humid around here again.

We are going out to my Mom's for the day. Should be the next to last two hour round trip drive we have to make out there. First of October will be moving day for her. She has finally decided that she will be moving back to our area to a retirement inn only 15 minutes away from me. For the last 5 years the woman has been like a seesaw (aka teeter-totter)....one day she is 'up' and excited about moving back and the next day her mood has hit the ground and she calls to tell me she just can't do it.
    We are going to help her start culling out what she needs and what she doesn't.
    I mean how many old plastic butter/sour cream tubs does she need when she won't be doing her own cooking any more ;)

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hello and a very good morning / afternoon all. The weather today is taking a break from yesterday's rain and has provided us with some blue peeking through the clouds. No doubt it will soon continue with the rain again.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #133 Poll

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and warm today. No rain. We are going for a drive and it lunch out today. Have a good day. Wannabe

14. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning all. I understand what you are trying to do with your Mom, Toni. Ours needed retirement home care as well. Such a life altering change for all. Be gentle with yourself, it will work out.
    carol

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning all from central Texas.Sunny and fairly hot here today.Is to be 92 degrees but thunder storms are in the forecast.We got a heavy rain last night.It lasted only a short while.Its been raining off and on for about 3 weeks now and the burn bans have been lifted.