The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Cool and sunny here this morning. This is going to be a busy day for us so I need to get up and get stated. Have a good day. Wannabe

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Too hot already for gardening.

But I just got back from taking Amanda to her new job, Randy is at the office and I have 5 hours ahead of me with absolutely no one at home, all by myself, alone but not lonely, no talking/asking/wanting/expecting. And since I have no problem whatsoever ignoring the telephone, I will be devoid of human contact until 3 p.m.
    Before Amanda graduated in 2005 was the last time I had such an experience.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

G'morning / afternoon to you all at GardenStew. A nice one to be had today in Malmö - not too cold, not too warm, no rain, no wind, just right :)

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a marvellous Monday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #133 Poll

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good morning! Cool but dry so far here, been raining lately and my garden is doing a happy dance. I'm just horribly tied up with end-of-summer tasks but should be back to Stewing in a week or so!

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I have four minutes left of the morning. I've only cleaned the kitchen after a busy weekend. Sunny here and 90's. It rained on both Saturday and Sunday and looks like rain this afternoon. dooley

6. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Hello from the North Woods of Wisconsin, where our low temperature last night was 32 F (0 C), and the temp. now is 74. What a swing. Going to my 50th high school reunion this weekend, in the Milwaukee area, that should be interesting I may (or may not) want to post photos from the extravaganza. Coincidentally, Harley Davidson is celebrating their 105th birthday in Milwaukee also, which will add to the fun & photo ops. Bikers and reunion participants in the same motel, --- It should be an interesting mix.
    Tom

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, a sunny one again. We've been threatened with a wet spell, but I hope that was what we had during the night. :D

Temps are good! At least during the day. About 23 C/73 F. Night temps are 5-10 C/41-50 F, but we can live with that.

Enjoy your Tuesday, and good luck with your reunion Calomaar!

8. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning all! we were at 44F earlier, but sun's coming up now. we're way below normal for this time of year. heading out to weed and mulch and harvest some more, but first practice posting photos! :D
    have a great day all!

9. toni

Good morning all.
    Man, what I wouldn't give for 40-50 degree temps in the morning. This morning started out a couple of degrees warmer than your forecast high today Droopy. And yes, the triple digits are likely to make a reappearance this week, or at least so close to 100 that what difference does one degree make. :rolleyes:

Already tried to do some weeding out back, got about 30 minutes in before I had to give up.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! No sun today. It's raining and raining and raining. We drove through very heavy rain to work yesterday and it rained all night and it's in the forecast for the next 10 days. We have over two inches now from just 5 pm yesterday. Have a good day. dooley

11. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Cool and sunny here today. It is a quiet day here except for our dental appointments this afternoon. Have a good day. Wannabe

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, 14 C/57 F already this morning, but the air feels chilly because of the rain last night. We probably won't have more than 20 C/68 F during the day, but that's still good considering it's late August. Some of Toni's degrees would be welcome here!

I'm going to try and ride today. I'm so stiff and sore because of the training Monday evening, so it's probably going to be painful. :D

Got a school meeting this evening, so I don't think I'll manage to do anything worthwhile outside. Hope the rain keeps off for another couple of days.

Have a lovely Wednesday all.

13. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

Morning every one,rain at last,and 10 new chicks in the coop,must have been born last night.Lucylemons chicks,shes my favorite bantam,moved them all into a bunny hutch so they are safe now,my other hens are buffs,all ever interested in the newborns.cw

14. toni

Morning all. 'Nuther hot and humid one in store for me today. The only time I am going outside is to take Amanda to work and pick her up. I was out weeding yesterday for only about 30 minutes and pulled my back so I won't be moving very fast for a while.

Droopy we have more than enough hot degrees to share with you...just wish I could :'(

CW congrats on the new chicks, can we see pictures of them sometime?

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon to you all at GardenStew. It's a wet one here in Malmö, got a bit dumped on when I travelled to my lessons this morning.

It's funny, even though I have to wake at 7 to be in time for my lessons it seems like there is little time to do anything during the day :eek: Maybe it's the evenings drawing closer in.

Current temps: 17 deg C / 63 deg F.

Have a top Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #134