The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. No change in the weather around here so no gardening being done here either.

Sept does start on Monday, then the Autumnal Equinox on the 22nd so maybe there is a chance of seeing the end of summer by Halloween.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good late morning. Sunny and humid, 81 today. We had .4 inch of rain yesterday but we are to have a hot dry weekend. No real special plans for the weekend. You all have a good one. Wannabe

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The storm last night missed us and hit Phoenix hard. Lots of flooding and wind damage. We could see the lightning across the whole south sky last night coming home. From here it was beautiful. It probably wasn't so beautiful from down there. Clouds building up here but may not amount to much. Have a good day. dooley

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon all from a very sunny Sweden. The last two days have seen the weather take an unexpected leap towards sunny goodness, I honestly thought those days were over for this year. Guess I was wrong.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a magic Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #134 Poll

Advertisement
  5. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

Morning,lots of thunder and lighting late in the evening last night,not much rain but.This morning,sunny and hot again,looks to be a hot weekend.cw

6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 69 and sunny here this morning. It looks like it is going to be a nice day. The granddaughters are coming to spend the afternoon with me so it will be exciting. Have a good weekend. Wannabe

7. toni

Morning all. Still hot and humid with no rain.
    IF Gustav stays on his most recent predicted course we could be getting some much needed rain from him late next week. But if he veers off to the east just a few miles then we will be on what's called the backside and get nothing.

The local designated evacuee shelters are gearing up and the Amateur Radio Operators (Randy included) are preparing to help at command centers across the area tomorrow and Monday.....up here, not down on the coast.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 10°C and sunny. I've had a very busy week and I'm glad its over!
    Today we will do some repairs to the porch roof and hopefully my gardens will get some attention after that. I haven't had time to get out there all week!
    Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Morning all. Close to 100 again today and tomorrow. The rest of our week the weather will be determined by Gustav when he decides which route he will take once he hits land tomorrow.

The first buses of evacuees will begin arriving in our area about mid afternoon today. At 5 am this morning all lanes of the major highway from southern Louisiana became northbound lanes trying to help the traffic move quicker.

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

G'morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Sun is continuing to shine here in Malmö and looks like it's going to stay that way. Best wishes to all of you affected in some way by Gustav.

Current temps: 19 deg C / 66 deg F.

Have a great Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #134 DECIDER

11. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning all! sunny now, but was 41F earlier...

toni, hope all goes well for you and all evacuees!

12. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good morning all. We'll hope that you all will be safe is Gustav comes your way, folks. We're looking at Hannah here on the coast. We know what to do, but today we're enjoying a sunny Labor Day weekend. Charlie's smoking meat and I'm doing some cleaning up outdoors. Have a good day all.
    Gardengater

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning a bit late. It's cloudy and dripping here today. No heavy rain, so far anyway. I made 24 half pints of peach jam. dooley

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, and a glorious morning it is too! Temps are already at 17 C/63 F, and there's a warm sea scent in the air. Very summery and refreshing.

I'm going to the stables to move the girls' pony to the big stables, where my own horse is, and can finally stop running back and forth between the stables. Oh bliss!

My heart goes out to all the people moving away from Gustav. I hope my fellow Stewbies and their families are well and healthy, and I hope that Gustav will calm down and be less destructive.

Wishing you a good Monday.

15. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

Morning all,sunny and a hot 79 at the moment,very sticky.Tons to catch up with today as I took the day off yesterday and went into the city,good sales at the art shops there,stocked up on watercolors and paper,and big pots of gesso,all set for the winter months now.cw