The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning/afternoon from the North Woods. I'm back again after some time gone. I attended a 50th year high school reunion, which was great fun, in Milwaukee, and stayed on for a while. I have been very busy since returning home. Today is a cool gray day, rained some, which we needed, and I spent some time, between raindrops, out in the woods taking some pictures with the new camera. The fall colors are just getting started, and it looks like they are going to fizzle this year.
    Tom

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 16°C and raining. Today I have the day off. :)
    Our town's fall fair begins today and it is a big deal here...no school for the kids and they all have to march in a parade to the fair grounds. The opening ceremonies and then there are races etc.
    All the entries were judged last night so we will soon find out if we won. I entered 20 various sections this year and the kids each entered a few. It should be a very interesting day! Now if the rain would just stop!
    Have a great day all.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Already over 80 degrees with 80% humidity....so no yard work for me again.

Today should be our last 90+ day until at least sometime next week. Hopefully it will be the last until next June but sometimes my imagination runs away with me. :rolleyes:

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon all Stewbies. It's a good bit cooler here today, is this the start of Autumn weather now? I'll probably be eating my words by tomorrow :)

Current temps: 13 deg C / 55 deg F.

Have a great Friday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #137

Advertisement
  5. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is raining again today, and last night. It is here to stay until Monday if Ike doesn't give us some more. Yesterday we had flash floods all around us but we are on high ground so we are okay. Have a good one. Wannabe

6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good hot humid day here in Texas.I'm sure I will be a lot more humid when Ike is finished.Its coming right up our back door.Hang onto what ya got toni and batton down the hatches.Its to be there before its finished.They say it will be really bad here.All prayers needed and hope my moble home stands.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Right now it's sunny and no rain is in the forecast right now. I hope you don't have any serious problems with Ike, Glenda. Wish you could come here. dooley

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, whatever happened to our Indian Summer? It's foggy, rainy and 12 C/54 F now, a big disappointment since I had so much planned outside today. Guess I should have checked the weather forecast.

I've got plenty to do inside though, so I guess I'll be busy anyway. Hope all Stewbies are well and healthy. Enjoy your Saturday.

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. Sounds like a great day for housework.
    First thing I saw on TV was a weatherman fighting Hurricane Ike in Galveston Texas.
    My thoughts today are on all the Stewbies in Ike's path. Stay safe all!

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. partly sunny now but storms this afternoon. Hope everyone is safe. Have a good day. Wannabe

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The sun is shining and I am off to work. Wannabe, Glenda says would you feed her hummers if they blow up that way. You are in the path when it slows down so they should be able to stop about then. dooley

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Wow, It's morning again in the North Woods, and it's cool again. Mimi went swimming yesterday, the water was 64 and the air was 61. Too cold for me, but she loves it. Last year she swam in the lake a week into October. Each year it's some kind of challenge to her to better last years mark. Soon she will be trying to break up the ice to get in. Well, maybe not quite to that extreme, but she is a brave soul to keep swimming this late. She just can't give up on the summer. Will she swim today??? I'm betting she won't, it's windy and no sun, but you can never tell. Have a good day, and if your going for a swim, enjoy, that's what it's all about. Tom

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to you all at GardenStew. Well my prediction about the good weather coming back came true, it's shining bright here :)

Current temps: 14 deg C / 57 deg F.

Have a top Sunday.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #137 Poll

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 20°C and overcast with up to 100 mm of rain expected. Sounds like another day to work inside (sigh)
    Have a great day all :)

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good Sunday morning. I'm with Netty this morning, it'll be a day for inside house cleaning or laundry. Its been raining all weekend with today being no differant. They say we have another frost coming this week. looks like the toms will have to get covered agian. have a great week.