The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Beautiful outside, cool and breezy so I am heading out to dig up Iris and put them in pots for next year.
    I found a pot of Hyacinths that are already poking their green leaves above the ground. And the Japanese Iris, at least I think that's what they are, are beginning to come up too....they usually do in October then stay green all winter, blooming in about March.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon all Stewbies. A bit duller today but mild in temperature. No lessons today or on Monday and Tuesday so I should be able to get a lot done.

Current temps: 13 deg C / 55 deg F.

Have a fun Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #142

3. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon all at GardenStew. Very mild day here today, some fog is forecast but I haven't witnessed any yet.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #142 Poll

4. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Hello everyone, a beautiful Saturday here in Herts. Think I will spend some more time in the garden tidying up and putting in some spring flowering plants. Have a lovely day.
    GG

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's windy and cooler here today. It's only going to be 54 up the hill. dr is not going to sit outside in the wind but I am going to work. Not too many Saturdays left, I hope. You have a good day. dooley

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    No yard work for me today, the temps are warming up too early in the day :rolleyes:
    Besides I manhandled two really large bags of potting soil from the front yard to the back yesterday for potting up Iris bulbs. Each is 56.6 liters of very moist dirt I think is roughly 98 pounds....there is just this certain feeling you get when you lift something you shouldn't have, that tells you that you are going to be hurting the next day.

Oh well, I have some 'pamper yourself' type things to make for a woman in Randy's office he has known for roughly 10 years, she is having cancer surgery next month.

7. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

The North Woods is sparkling bright this morning, with brilliant sunshine, and the color of the trees as they approach the finally of their fall extravaganza. The air is a crisp clean 40 degrees, and the sky is deep blue with wisps of lacy clouds gliding slowly by. The falling leaves add a new musk to the aromas of the forest, and the wildlife is scurrying about, busily gathering acorns and such for their winter nests. It's a good morning here, and I wish the same to you.
    Tom

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Sunny and a bit warmer here today. A nice fall day to play catch up. Have a good day. Wannabe

9. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Morning all, We have a rainey day here on the coast, but clearing up soon. We're heading for the mountains tomorrow to enjoy the autumn for a few days, so we're busy packing. See you when we get back!
    GG

10. Frank

Have a great time GG :D

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its a wonderful sunny day here in Texas.I will not being doing much of anything.I get yelled at if I do.Have fun gardengater.

12. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

Good morning, everyone. It is a beautiful day here- no sandstorm! Just bright and sunny, already 99 degrees here. Time to get out and play in the garden. I think I am going to head over to the garden souks (nurseries) and see what is over there today. I may not be to control myself (I never can) and I am sure I will be back with some interesting plants. Hope everyone has a great day!

13. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

My word TBL I don't think I could stand those high temperatures :rolleyes: It's looking like another lovely day here so I too will be heading for the local garden centre but I will be buying winter pansies, although like you I will probably get carried away and come home with lots of other plants :D I'm really making the most of this nice spell of weather before we get hit by the hard frosts.
    Have a great day everyone :)

14. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

It is slightly over cast this morning and could go either way, I have started with a cold again so think I will be spending the day inside feeling sorry for myself! Hubby is still in bed getting a well earned lie in back to work for him tomorrow, weekends go way too fast. I was looking at bullbs yesterday in the garden center but it was shutting so I didnt get to look long enough to talk hubby into us buying some, I will keep working on him! have a great day everyone

15. Frank

Gooood morning / afternoon to all at GardenStew. The promised fog of yesterday never materialised. Maybe it's bus was late and will arrive today instead :)

Can you believe the snow photos in Heather's blog :eek: Wonder when we'll get our first batch here. Hopefully in January.

Have a top Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #142 Poll