The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good day all...afternoon already. I was going to be in the garden on this wonderfully cool day but I am going thru the 'waiting on the phone for the next available representative' hassle trying to get some of Mom's paperwork changed because of her move. We haven't even started dealing with getting her SS and pension changed to a new bank.

We are supposed to be getting another strong cold front next Sunday night, I have some plants to get in the bloom house before then.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Glenda, it's too bad you can't just lift up the flower beds and transfer them to the greenhouse. Toni, we didn't have a problem changing our SS to a new bank. We accomplished it all in one morning but you'll have to have your mom along to sign things. dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. It is a nasty morning outside with rain and wind. I think I'll get a lot of housework done today and maybe some shopping.
    Have a great day all!

4. toni

Good morning all. Crystal clear skies, bright sun shine :'( and 50 degrees. We could sure use some rain. October is supposedly our 2nd wettest month of the year but so far we have gotten far less than we got the previous 4 months totaled.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cool this morning but supposed to be warmer. We're off to work but only two more Saturdays left. dooley

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon to all Stewbies. Weather is top here today, a bit chilly but it's October after all.

I may try something a bit risky today, installing a second operating system on my laptop (other than Vista). If I disappear suddenly you'll know that something went horribly wrong with my data :eek: (not GardenStew's :)). Wish me luck!

Current temps: 12 deg C / 54 deg F.

Have a magic Saturday!

7. toni

Good luck Frank. Randy has two on his, one version of Windows and Linux. He likes Linux much better.

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 46 here this morning and I am not planning on going out of the house. I used to like the cool/cold temperatures but my artritis says I don't like it anymore. Have a good day. Wannabe

9. Frank

Thanks Toni, I have just set up a new partition on my hard disk and installed Ubuntu. Seemed to have installed ok so now I'm off to start playing in it :) And I didn't loose my data *phew*

10. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

Ubuntu seems to play well with Windows. I don't have the laptop dual booted, but I do have a desktop with Linux (Hardy Heron) and XP. I prefer Linux. Did you load Hardy Heron or Intrepid Ibex? This is a good link if you have trouble getting Flash to work. So far, Flash has the the only thing that's been a problem.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683
    NDIS Wrapper will let you use Windows drivers to run your WIFI card. It's in the Package Manager.

11. Frank

A very good morning / afternoon to you all. It's very wet here at the moment and it shows no sign of clearing up either.

Evil I had no problem getting Flash or my wireless card to work. I installed Hardy Heron but I understand that Intrepid Ibex will be released in a few days. I really like Ubuntu so far and I think I will continue to use it. However first I need to track down a decent media player, I miss my Winamp :(

Current temps: 10 deg C / 50 deg F.

Have a brill Sunday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #145

12. toni

Good morning all.
    Off in a little while to take the old green Dodge pickup down to Randy's folks. Mom gave us her S-10 pickup when she moved and we don't have room for three vehicles, besides his Dad will enjoy driving it again.

Our mailman is in mourning tho, he loved seeing that old pickup when he delivered mail on our street. I think he was half hoping Randy would sell it to him.

Be back tonight.

13. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is a good day to stay inside. The wind will blow you away out there. It is 55 now but a cold front is going through this afternoon and it will be cold tonight. My flowers will be all gone in a day or so. Wannabe

14. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello

Lovely day here (23 degrees C.), Having coffee and stewing at the moment. 8)

I also reverted back to XP rather. Had Vista and bit off more than I could chew.
    Good luck Frank.

15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, we've got sunshine! Yay! Temps are 5C/41F and those gale/storm/hurricane force winds are still at it. Guess the rain will be back shortly, but right now I'm going to hop outside and enjoy the sun. :D

Edit, half an hour later I'm back inside. It's raining. :(