The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Nippy and bright sunshine this morning. Droopy I sure do wish I could take some of the rain away from you.

Got the old green Dodge safely delivered to Randy's Dad yesterday....I HATE driving in Dallas traffic, even on Sunday morning it was a nighmare with construction taking a 4 lane highway down to 1 lane. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

Going to finish off some unpacking and sorting thru stuff at Mom's today and that should be the last of it.
    Maybe tomorrow I will get to play in the dirt :rolleyes:

2. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Good pm all,
    Just finished putting in some Dahlias rec'd from fellow gardener here in NC. My border is gettin full and can't wait to see the results in spring. Hope you have a great day.
    Gardengater

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello everyone

SOrry about the rain Droopy - I wish we could get some now just to relieve me from having to water my garden. However, it is another lovely day here - temps expected to reach 28 degrees C.

I have six Petunia plants that I sprouted from seed and will be planting them out before it gets too hot. I need to keep them out of harms way and will have to put them in a safe place.

Cheers

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. 2C/36F and snow today. I wasn't ready for this. No wind though. I'd happily trade 10+ for some of our snow, Palm Tree. :D I bag it, you get it.

Advertisement
  5. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Good morning all. Well the bright sunny days continue but BOY is it cold this morning, 0C for the first time with colder to come in the next few days. I don't think the colour in my garden is going to last for much longer :(
    Have a good day everyone :stew2:

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.....and a wonderful start too, temp in the high 30's. Would have been better if we could get some rain with it but that isn't in the foreseeable future :-x

The closeness of christmas hit me square between the eyes Sunday evening and the realization that I am not anywhere near finished making the gifts I have started. Time to dig out a stack of my favorite movies to knit too and get busy.

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is chilly here this morning, only 26 but it will warm up to 50 today. We have errands in town after the school bus comes today. You have a good day. Wannabe

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I woke up in my own bed this morning and felt great! I missed it yesterday. I'm not working today though and dr won't let me do much so I will read the book I have home from the library. Have a good day. dooley

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good afternoon all at GardenStew. More blue skies again today but it is getting noticeably colder. I also feel a bit of a cold coming on so I'm going to take it easy tonight.

Current temps: 5 deg C / 41 deg F - Few Clouds

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #145 Poll

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its a sad Good Morning in my yard.My plants were burned by frost last night
    out in my yard.I always hate to see this but I knew it was coming.I'm glad your home today dooley.I hope you do take it easy today.

11. Nicolew

Nicolew New Seed

I'm sorry about your plants burning...
    It's a foggy morning here.

This part of Autumn is the best- Within a week, all the leaves changed and are, well, Autumn colors. My favorite part... until all the leaves fall.

Its a nice change up from looking at evergreen trees all the time (I'm in Washington) How do the trees look on the East Coast?

12. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

It is a cold and grey morning here today 1 degree c at the moment heating up to about 6c I think, My father in law is taking me to the store today so I have to get the bus to his house, I will be wrapping up warm thats for sure. Have a great day everyone.

13. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Last night's snow has really ruined some of our tall conifers which border our front garden. Hubby is in the process of cutting a large chunk of branches which have collapsed and are beyond repair :(
    Lovely sunny day today, hope the snow does not return. A bit treachorous on the roads this morning when I drove daughter to work at 7am. Thankfully everyone was driving carefully but in our village on the untreated roads there were a few near misses right outside our property as people were driving too fast round the bend in the road. I had visions of someone mounting the pavement and colliding with hub and I while we were clearing the trees :eek:

14. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

oh my garden girl and to think all we have is rain, I would really rather like some snow but I am guessing it wont happen,I dont like the idea of driving in it thought a cup of cocoa and sat with the fire on sounds better to me!( crutches and snow are a tricky mix also when trying to walk in it he he he ) good luck and I am sorry it damaged your conifers, it seems very early for snow.

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Cool but no snow here, just sun. Have a good day. Wannabe