The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Warm start today, reaching at least 75deg F this afternoon. :'( We are having Yo-Yo temps, couple of days very warm, couple of days pretty cold, then back to warm, then cold...etc. :rolleyes:

And still no rain.

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. 46 and cloudy here today. And very windy. Rain today and wintery mix tonight. I think it is good to stay in. Wannabe

3. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

ggggggggggood mmmmmmmorning all! we are in a historic deep freeze which would be ok if there was no wind coming out of the north...brrrrr.... it's 4 degrees above zero here! tomorrow night is supposed to be -13F...got to go put on another pair os socks and get baking!!! have a good one all! :stew2:

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning all, a busy time for us Norwegians these days. I'm keeping my head above water, but only just. :D

We've got a mild spell. Temps are 4-5C/39-41F, and no snow, but lots of ice out there. Rain is predicted for later today or tomorrow. Good! Then the ice can go away and maybe we'll get a proper snow cover soon.

Only another week left before the sun turns, and the Christmas holiday peace will descend upon us. Enjoy the Monday.

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning everybody at GardenStew, members and visitors alike. No lectures this week and just a few things to do before I head home for my Xmas vacation on the 22nd. Really looking forward to that.

Current temps: 2 deg C / 36 deg F - Overcast

Have a magic Monday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #153 Poll

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining. It rained all night and the front yard is a lake and the driveway is slick ice. I wanted to do some shopping but not sure if I want to brave this weather.
    Have a great day all :0

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning-not. It is 10 with feel like -8 temps this morning and we have had rain, sleet and snow. It is a good day to stay in and keep warm. Have a good one. Wannabe

8. toni

Good morning all. Temp of 25 degF with a wind chill of 15 deg F when I got up. No wet stuff or pretty white stuff but if the cloud cover stays all day the temp won't get above 32degF/0 degC.

I found some pie pumpkins at WholeFoods Market yesterday, today is a perfect day to have the oven on cooking them for freezing. And I found some Prickly Pear cactus fruits so I can try my hand at making jelly from them too. Nice warm kitchen on a sub-freezing day is a nice thing.

9. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

We're heading for the 70's here again. The yo-yo hits here too, Toni. It's not good for the spring flowering plants, though. I'm baking our traditional cookies, Kolache. Have a good one.
    Gardengater

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning from the not-very wintery Norwegian coast. We've got 11C/52F, and the winds are very strong. About 30 meters per second, or 66 miles per hour in the gusts, which is a violent storm. The good thing is that all the ice has disappeared. I'm off outside in this shortly. Enjoy your Tuesday!

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to all Stewbies! Pretty dull weather here, apart from Xmas decorations in windows you would probably guess it was the middle of October :) I had to look twice at the calendar.

Current temps: 4 deg C / 39 deg F - Overcast

Have a terrific Tuesday!

12. toni

Good morning all. The temp stayed under 30deg F all day yesterday and should stay under freezing all today.

Hey Droopy, I found your ice. :eek: We have been having off and on icy drizzle since last night. Nothing to get excited about unless you are out driving in it.....which I will have to do later taking Amanda to work :rolleyes:
    But it won't last long, temps will be back into the 50's tomorrow.

13. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

A cold North Woods good morning to all. Clear blue skies, about 10" of snow, and cold. It's -19º F (-28º C) Breeze out of the North West @ about 8 to 10 MPH. If you believe in the "Wind Chill chart" it would be -40º F (-40º C). Or in other words, "Baby it's cold outside". The lake is all frozen, and there are Ice fishermen out there. You need to really enjoy Ice fishing to be out in this weather. We are going out for breakfast with some friends this AM, and maybe a little Christmas shopping.

Tom

[​IMG]

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°C and mostly cloudy. The winds were NASTY last night and kept me awake most of the night. I'm tired today and don't think I'll do too much.
    Have a great day all :)

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Snow and ice out today and cold. It is 12 with a windchill of 1. I fell going out for the paper but nothing broken, just bruised. We have Dr. appointments today so hope we can get out without much slipping around. We may have to cancel and stay inside. Have a good day. Wannabe