The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning all, from Wisconsin's cold North Woods. To day is the third consecutive day I awoke to -20º F (-29º C) or colder temperatures. Our daytime highs have been below 0 for many consecutive days also. The good news is that a warm front is coming, it might get up to +15º tomorrow. A consolation from all this cold is that the sun has been shinning brightly upon us days and the moon at night. The sunshine always seems to perk one up. It looks like a large part of the country is going through the cold. Where is global warming when you might like to see a little? The Snowmobile races start today, at Eagle River, the next town south of us. I guess the cold doesn't bother them.
    Tom

www.eagleriver.org/derby.asp

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning all the sun is shining this morning but we had a very cold night nothing like the eastern states but cold for Texas.It was to be 25 degrees this morning.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. Another 8C/46F day today. It's partly cloudy, and no wind, so this is definately a good day to be outside in. :D

I saw the tips of some snowdrops in the south border yesterday. They're growing! I know we'll probably have lots more frost and snow, but at least I've got hope now.

Enjoy your Saturday.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning / afternoon to all Stewbies. The sun is shining through today. It dare I say feels almost spring-ish :eek:

Current temps: 0 deg C / 32 deg F - Broken Clouds

Have a shiny Saturday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #159 Poll

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -16°C and overcast. It seems we are past the worst of the cold spell - for now.
    The kids want to go to the mall today. I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for that. We shall see what happens.
    Have a great day all :)

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Our cold snap is over, back into the 60's for daytime highs for the next week at least.

I have a 30% off coupon for a local garden center and when I was there a few days ago I saw a Harry Lauder's Walking Stick that I want to check out. If it will grow well here without too much babying and the price is good I might just bring it home.

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is warmer today, it is already 25. It is sunny but very windy. I am staying in today but we will go out and about tomorrow. Have a good day. Wannabe

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Hi everyone,

Popping in to say hi, its cold, -21 here but its not snowing, so thats fine by me.
    Bought a new book that i am going to get started on.
    Have a great day!

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Much warmer this morning ... -8°C and snowing. There is already an accumulation of snow and it's really coming down now. I guess I'll be doing some shoveling today.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I don't know why I'm up early except Chance says it's a nice day and it's time to go out. The sun is shining and the forecast says 70 degs today so I bet I am outside doing something. Have a nice day. dooley

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning, it's 5C/41F, grey and windy on the north-western coast of Norway today. Further inland they've had snow, and lots of it too. About 60 cm / 24 inches. Some of the mountain roads are closed due to snow and high winds, and complete chaos reigns in and around Oslo. On the south-eastern coast they've had strong winds, uprooted trees and such. What a winter.

Enjoy your Monday all!

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -7 here, almost feels down right balmy compared to what we've had!!
    NO snow either, although it did overnight, but thats all shovelled for the day (i hope)!!

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. I have some shoveling to do today. Penny - I hear you on the "balmy" thing...yesterday's high reached -2°C which felt almost tropical compared to the -29°C we had earlier in the week!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Forecast is for sunny and 69 today. So far, we have the sunny part. Have a good day. dooley

15. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

We're in 40's here, but may see snow tomorrow, a rare sight on the coast. Just hanging out today.