The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Currently 2°C and sunny.
    I'm not happy today because of a situation on had to deal with on the school bus. A neighbors 6 year old lied and blamed my 13 year old son for a "goose egg" he got on his head. It turns out it was from hitting a pothole and hitting his head on the window. His mother calls it a six year old imagination...I call it a lie. I'm am SO not impressed and now there is tension between my neighbors and I. Not a good way to start the day. I hope the day gets better.

2. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Clear and cold 29 F this AM. Full moon morning. Breeze way is full of the plants I baby. :-D Enjoy the day

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its cold here and raining and supposed to switch over to snow later today.

4. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Odd weather here -- a cold rain started yesterday at about 1 pm just as predicted. Windy too. In the 40s (F). Rained heavily all night. Now this a.m. it is breezy and it is supposed to be SIXTY degrees today. Then in the 30s (F) tonight. Cold weather is predicted for the weekend. Strange.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and raining. It rained heavily most of the night and the huge puddles are starting to form on my lawn. Later we will have high winds gusting to 70 km/hour. Fun. Great day to stay inside, but unfortunately I have to go to town. Have a great day all.

6. aythya-camellia

aythya-camellia Seedling

Good morning! It is a fairly boring day here--not raining, not snowing, not sunny. Still, I hope everyone who reads this has had a good morning so far. I'm probably going to have a couple waffles this morning, but I enjoy GardenStew so much that I always check it before breakfast.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Full Sun and cold this morning, it's only 33F/.5555556C outside my window right now so we may have gotten our first freeze overnight.

I need to go to the grocery store this morning, we are pretty tired of turkey and I have so much leftover, but I'll bag it and freeze it for another day waaaaay off in the future ;)

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's sunny right now and going to 50 today but tomorrow it is supposed to be snow mixed with rain. It used to be rain mixed with snow but now it's supposed to be more snow than rain accumulating to about 2 inches. Then, back to 54 and party cloudy on Saturday and rain on Sunday. What mixed up weather we are having. The Arctic should just keep their cold fronts at home.
    Chunky apple and raisin coffeecake is smelling like it might be about done.
    Have a nice day everyone.
    dooley

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its cold here and some flurries are coming down.....nothing really on the grass yet though.
    It might make me want to go and get our tree this weekend if its going to snow.

10. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Mixed up weather here too! Yesterday in the high 50s... last night in the 30s... today in the 40s...
    The snow has left Texas and is on its way here for tomorrow. But I think we won't get any -- the weather people just like to tease us.

11. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Good Morning...its 40F and gray here, its going to be a dreary day. I am going to drag out the Christmas decorations today and start decorating. We will be away for Christmas this year so I am just doing the tree & mantle. Have a good day.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -1°C and partly cloudy. This week sure flew by, didn't it?
    Today is a PA day for 2 of my kids, and I have parent/teacher interviews with both of their teachers. I'm not sure what the rest of the day brings yet.
    Have a great day all :)

13. Danjensen

Danjensen In Flower

Morning all its a sunny day in montreal

14. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Frosty fog again this morning and 28F. Looked like a winter wonderland with the silver touches on trees and landscapes yesterday and a pink glow of the rising sun. Taking my camera and hoping for some photo ops on my way to work this AM. :-D Hey! its Friday.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold, gray and yucky this morning. No snow yet but the severe weather alert is still posted. I don't think I've ever lived where they posted severe weather alerts for rain, mixed with snow, slush. dooley