The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Yesterday my school had no heat so all the kids were sent home by 11. I got so much paperwork done, sitting there in my coat and scarf! Not sure if it will be fixed today. We have a winter weather watch for tonight. I hope we get snow but they are predicting freezing rain and then just rain...

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -5°C and partly cloudy. This is the calm before the storm...tomorrows weather sounds nasty! I'm taking advantage of the good driving conditions today and going Christmas shopping!
    Have a great day all.

3. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning stewbies! we have another cold one here at 4F. warming up to 12F today! brrrr...no snow....yet. have a good one all! :stew1:

4. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Good morning all...cloudy and 42F, 100% chance of rain today. Shopping or cleaning? See you at the Mall! :smt111

Advertisement
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Nippy clear weather at 7F/-14C. Been years since we've seen this kind of cold. No snow. Pipes didn't like it and froze. Bundling up in winter coats, scarves, and boots this AM. Breezeway barely has walking room since I brought in plants prior to freeze.

6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

so you're getting the cold over there too gail? i hope your winds have subsided. ours finally did. it's up in temps from here on our through the week...maybe snow this weekend.

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

It got to - 10 F.last night here in Montana.We have a heavy coating of snow.Its a very cold day today .

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Rain! Not the freezing kind, so that is good. No delays for school. This is a good rain and good timing.

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C with strong winds and snow. The school buses are still running, but I'm keeping my kids home...it's NOT nice out there!
    I'll take advantage of their being home by getting them to help clean out the toy room :)
    Have a great day all

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! After three days of steady fog and rain it's finally sunny. But, it's windy and cold. Now, is that a fair exchange? It might still be a stay at home inside day or a shopping somewhere else day. But, we don't have the snow that wannabe has with her wind or the ice that our son Dan has with his 77mph wind gusts. So, we'll take the sunshine, guess we'll have the cold, too. I don't think it would feel so cold without the wind. Maybe the wind will dry things out a bit. dooley

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The sun came out here yesterday afternoon, blindingly bright after three days of overcast, fog and mist....I really don't like blindingly bright.:rolleyes:
    24F/4C here this morning and tomorrow morning is supposed to be even colder. More plants are brown and drooping this morning but it is too cold for me to get out there to cut back perennials and pull up annuals, that will have to wait until Sat when it's warmer.

Still working on Randy's christmas gift, should have it finished by next week.... I hope.

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another cold and blustery day here, squalls coming in off the Bay, and more snow in the forecast.

13. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Good Morning...its a nippy 29F. Today is expected to be sunny with a high of 35. Busy day today, ladies bridge group this morning, Christmas luncheon with my 50+Fitness group and then couples bridge tonight. It's such fun being retired! :smt111

14. Netty

Good Wednesday afternoon all. Currently -3°C and very windy with snow squalls.
    I was out in town hoping to get my Christmas shopping done, but no such luck. I guess I have to face the fact that I won't be finding a "Rock Band 2" set for my son. They are sold out everywhere!!! I'm tired...shopping is exhausting this time of year. I'm going to sneak in a little nap before the kids get home from school ;)

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

We got more snow overnight and its currently -19 with the windchill here, schools and buses are cancelled for the day.