The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Wow, Penny that's cold... be careful.

It's cold here (for here anyway) today. Strong cold wind from the West so the temp of 35 degrees (F) feels like 20... Brrr. We're not so used to that in our part of the world.... aren't we wimpy?!

2. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Good morning, it is 19F, think I will stay inside today an work on Christmas cards (and clean...if I have too). :smt111

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -9°C and windy so feeling a lot colder. The sun is shining today and that makes all the difference.
    Penny ~ did you get that 50cm of snow that Huntsville got? They have declared a state of emergency and told everyone to stay off the roads so the plows can do their work. We got a mere dusting here, but the strong winds sure made up for it!
    I'm not feeling too great today...sore throat and ears so I'm going to take it easy today.

4. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny. The 3 day strong winds are finally gone :)
    I feel like someone has taken sandpaper to my throat, my ear hurts and my head is pounding. I think I'll go back to bed...

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Going back to bed sounds like a fine option. It's raining here this morning and not very warm. Maybe I'll sew today if I can find the top of my sewing table. It's buried again. dooley

6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I hope you are feeling better Netty.
    Dooley good luck finding your table top! It is cold here today... not sure how cold.
    I am having Fiber Optic service installed -- I hope it goes smoothly. With this old house, there is always something unexpected!

7. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

Your earache sound miserable Netty.
    When I start to feel one comming on, I have my son or
    hubby put a few drops of Similasan in my ear.
    This brand makes homoeopathic products. Perhaps if you can try some until you make it to a doctor appointment it could help relieve some discomfort.
    I find this product at our local drug stores around
    my area - hope you feel better.
    It's raining lightly here, high 50's, low 60's expected. We sure need the H2o.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast, looking like rain. I'm feeling much better today...my head has cleared out and my throat is hardly sore at all. Amazing what some rest will do.
    We put up the Christmas decorations yesterday and the tree will go up on Friday. I have a list of things to pick up tomorrow and hopefully that will be the end of my Christmas shopping! Yeah!
    Have a great day all :)

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning, I guess early afternoon. It is 41 and overcast here today. We've been busy moving things around in the house so my tree isn't up yet. Maybe by the end of the week. Have a good day. wannabe

10. dooley

Good morning! My computer didn't want to load this morning so I turned it off. This time it worked. Must have needed some time off for Christmas shopping!!
    It was still really foggy this morning but it's about gone now. No rain today but tomorrow it is coming back. Good thing it's not snow or we'd be buried. Have a good day.! dooley

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its currently -2 here and its not snowing, thats to come after lunch.

12. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Oooh, I don't envy your cold temps in Ontario.... Stay warm...

I accomplished very little all weekend.... and now I am unmotivated to go to work today! My cats are sound asleep and I think they have the right idea!

39 (F) and very grey. Rained all day yesterday.

13. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Good Morning...its a wet, foggy 46 here. It is suppose to be in the 60s this afternoon but it is so wet from all the rain we've had I won't be able to do anything in the garden. :( Still have a few winter chores to finish.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. Looks like we might get some rain.
    I'm heading out to the Mall this morning with hopes of getting all my shopping done. Wish me luck!

15. dooley

Good morning! It's gray and raining this morning. I have a large cup of hot tea here. It's not too warm outside for sure. dooley