The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good morning all! got a balmy 22F and an inch of the white stuff on the ground. lots of fog again...

have a great day all! :stew1:

2. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    A nippy 23F/-5C this am. Clearer skies..can see the blue. Going to have another lazy day. Yeh! The dogs are exhausted from their new toys..who'd have thought.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm refusing to call this a good morning. :D We've had about 50 cm of snow or maybe a bit more over the last couple of days, so now I've got complaining rights. Temps are around zero C. I've been outside with the snowblower for two hours. My husband's out there now. :D Hopefully we'll get the snow sorted before it starts to rain. Or maybe we'll get more snow. We never know.

Enjoy your Wednesday people. Only two more days left of this year.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good morning all. It is cooollld here. And slushy. And dull :) I think I need a nice, warm bowl of soup!

Advertisement
  5. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Everyone stay warm and be careful negotiating the snow, slush and ice! And snowblowers too, Droopy.

We're supposed to get a little dusting but no real snow. But it is cold cold cold. It's 19 (F) and windy so feels colder. I am looking forward to another 4 day weekend though no specific plans.

6. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -10 here and no snow overnight.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny.
    Today we are going to the mall. That should eat up most of the day ... 2 teenagers with Christmas money.
    Have a great day all.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We had another beautiful snowfall late yesterday but it was mixed with rain with the temp hovering just above freezing so before long it was all rain and the snow was gone. But it was pretty as it fell.

Netty, I don't envy you a trip to the mall, teenagers with money in their pockets, what a day to look forward to.
    When my youngest gets money a trip to Game Stop takes care of her shopping needs :rolleyes:

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good New Year's Eve morning all. We've got 0 C and it's snowing a little bit outside. The snowblower blew yesterday. :( So please no more snow for a few days.

Tonight's Turkey Night for us. We're celebrating with my husband's family. I'm reading a recipe for turducken and laughing very hard. I do wonder if I'll ever screw up my courage and make that. :D

Happy New Year all and one, and best wishes for 2010! :stew2:

10. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -7 here and no new snow overnight, thankfully.

Have some errands to do in awhile.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°C and lightly snowing. Hard to believe that 2009 is gone!
    Toni - my mall trip went well...my youngest spent her money in one stop at the Zeller's toy dept, my son at HMV, and my teenage daughter found great deals at Bluenotes. It was one of the better trips to the mall :)

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Cloudy with a chance of a light wintry mix again this evening. But it won't be cold enough for any accumulation this time either.

Droopy, you can buy Turducken's preassembled and ready to cook at grocery stores here, don't know about other parts of the country.

Busy day coming, have to get the house ready for the invasion of 6 or 7 of my youngest daughters friends (all early 20's) for a New Years Eve and Day get together to eat, play computer games and video games and eat some more. We are going to a motel for peace and quiet. ;)

13. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Good morning everyone. It is so nice to have another 4 day weekend ahead of me before back to work. We had a very light dusting of snow overnight. It looks like sugar coating on the evergreen shrubs. Something is going wrong with my camera or computer -- can't upload any pics from camera so I will be making a trip to the computer store today. I hope they are open for business.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's foggy here this morning and it's going to rain this afternoon. I think I'll just stay home today, tonight too. It's sure been a long time since we've gone anywhere for New Year's Eve. dooley

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its cold here in Montana .Snow still on the ground from 2 weeks before Christmas.Toni eat your heart out cause it sure isn't my cup of tea :)