The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. Update from the last time I posted in this thread: Very freezing and snow. Freezing and snow. Around 0°C and fresh supplies of snow. And a bit more snow on top of that. No, I'm not in a bad mood. *fingers crossed behind my back*

Enjoy your Saturday, people. I'm most certainly going to try.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -25°C and sunny. It was a beautiful night...full moon but very cold. The coyotes were howling so close to my house this morning that it sounded like they were on my lawn! I've never heard them howling like that during daylight and if kind of creeped me out. The dog wouldn't even go out to do her business! I could just hear the neighbors tractor running and the coyotes weren't howling anymore. There are lots of new baby sheep so I hope they didn't get into the barn.

3. plantgoddess

plantgoddess Seedling

Good morning one and all! It is cold here in NY as well. Our current temp is 4 degrees F, and expected to make it to 20. At least the wind has died down! I may feel adventurous after my next cup of coffee and head out with the camera to take some pictures back by the creek. Sorry for those of you receiving snow!

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's gray and cloudy here this morning. The sun might come out this afternoon. We don't have snow but with all the rain we had yesterday we have ice. The roads were pretty clear yesterday afternoon so they should be okay. It was 26 degs this morning. After our 70's last week it sure feels cold.
    dooley

Advertisement
  5. jeri11

jeri11 New Seed

Good morning from Who Dat country!!!! We are experiencing a balmy 38 at the moment and expect to reach 48 for a high today. The Mardi Gras parades are in full force today and tomorrow. Great weather for some Throw me summin MISTER!!! I'm cleaning house today so I'll be knee deep in crud instead!!!

Hope each of you have a great day and get at least some of that TO DO list accomplished!!

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Rainy, drizzly AM. 45F/7C. Should be getting around soon and doing the 1st of the month stuff...shopping.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Coooooold and overcast here this morning, birdbaths are frozen solid again. We didn't get as much rain as other areas yesterday maybe a little over two inches. No snow in my neighborhood either :(

Got a few chores to do then I think I will paint the outhouse.

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. I've already walked the dog and brought in firewood, now it's time to enjoy a coffee and "stew" a little!
    Have a great day all :)

9. jeri11

jeri11 New Seed

Good morning Netty!!! I can't imagine walking the dog in weather like that!!! Brr!!!!

We're at 35 now and going to 54 later today.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!!

10. plantgoddess

plantgoddess Seedling

Even though it's only 5 degrees F, the sun is shining and there is hope we'll warm up to about 28F today. Hoping to get out for a stroll through the woods and along the creek!

11. Netty

jeri - today's temperature is quite nice! Yesterday when I walked the dog it was -25°C ... now THAT was cold ;)

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning / afternoon all. I wish the snow would give us a break now. It's been hanging around like a bad smell :)

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Seems everyone has snow. We just had rain. But then it got cold. It didn't make it out of the 30's yesterday but we're hoping today. I didn't look at the forecast but it is gray and cloudy and dr had to break the ice in the horses water tank this morning. Rain is forecast for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I want sunshine! Dooley

14. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Boy, you all are making me feel tropical. We are 45F/7C this AM. Drizzle/misty/soaking rain. Noticed the buds were formed on the daffodil starts. Warmest January on record for this area.

15. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Snowed all day yesterday... Sun is shining beautifully this a.m. It's so bright reflecting off the snow. I will go out and shovel after another cup of coffee.