The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Snowed again overnight but temps not too bad, above freezing. It's awfully pretty.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It's not morning here at all, but I suddenly felt the need to apologize for using rude smilies. I'm sorry, I can't help myself. As soon as somebody mentions spring I get intensely jealous and just want to break something. :'( It will pass, I know, and I still love you all.

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -9 here and no snow overnight!!

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Anyone who thinks that gardening begins in the spring and ends in the fall is missing the best part of the whole year...for gardening begins in January, it begins with a dream.--Josephine Nuese, The Country Garden,1970

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -12°C and sunny. I think that will change soon though ... the morning sky is red.
    Baking day today.
    Have a great day all :)

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! More rain today and tomorrow and then a sunny day and more rain all next week. Creeks are already full. Where is it going next? dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another drippy day, no real rain just off/on drizzle. That should be coming to an end this afternoon and we are in for partly sunny and dry until sometime next week.

Got the pantry painted, now I need to get everything back in there. Will post pictures in a bit, sure is colorful ;)

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good morning all.Its been a bad morning for me and Oreo.We woke up to rain and no lights.They finally came on and I got my coffee finally.Its cool and rainy.Everyone have a good day.

9. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hi all! We have 34 degrees, and big, sloppy flakes of snow coming down. It is supposed to accumulate a few inches, but for now its melting and slushy. I would like to see it wash away some of the big, ugly piles of packed crusty snow that have been here since Christmastime! I guess this moisture is good- but our streams and lakes are already full so we risk floods in the spring.
    I have a delicious Cranberry/BBQ Chicken dish in the works for dinner! I also love to bake when its yucky outdoors.
    Good day! :stew1: :stew2:

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    YEH! Was on the road this AM at a little after 7 and the sun was beginning to lighten up the sky. The days are getting longer...winter dark is beginning to retreat. :-D

I live in the clouds, and rain so I have to celebrate the light :stew2:

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Yay, for the light Jewell!
    So... the snow is coming later this a.m., everyone is in a frenzy, and schools will dismiss 3 hours early in the city so everyone can get home safely before it gets heavy. Oh, the kids are going to be wild this morning! I don't blame them. I feel a little wild myself. :eek:

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -2 here and again, no snow overnight.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. The weather sure has been "blah" this week, but I have noticed the longer daylight. :D

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Overcast and foggy this morning, might see some sun this pm and some tomorrow then back to overcast and rainy. Our El Nino winter is messing with my gardening plans big time.

Looking at the national weather radar just now, you all north and east of me are getting the system we have been under for a couple of days but we just had rain/drizzle.
    One good thing about the snow heading to Chicago is that my hubby is taking an earlier flight home, be home around noon instead of 6 this evening. Being snowbound in Chicago for the weekend just didn't appeal to him at all.

15. plantgoddess

plantgoddess Seedling

Good morning from the East coast! My area will only receive some snow showers from this big storm :-D ! I understand Washington DC and the rest of the mid Atlantic will be getting this one. Seems like many of the storms have been tracking that way lately. No complaints here!

Hope you all have a few signs of spring, and the best is seeing longer days.