The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. nitakaye

nitakaye New Seed

good morning to every one it is cold here about 28 we have a little snow here some left over from the weekend i will be so glad when it start to warm up so i can get out

2. crystalblueatmosphere

crystalblueatmosphere New Seed

I second that, it just started snowing here and I've had just about enough of this winter weather. But I'm in good spirits planning my summer veg. garden.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny and nippy today, slight warm up during the next few days but winter may make an encore appearance late next week.

I have a new book and a couple of magazines to read so I think that is what I will be doing for the rest of the day as a treat for myself after a very busy weekend.

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good morning from the North Woods. (the lake Superior snow belt) Still snowing, 2 to 4 inches a day for he last 4 days. One night was over 6 inches. All that on top of our 30 inch base. The wind is howling causing drifts several feet high. No sign of let up. Drove to town this morning, and found snowmobilers out in force. The restaurant parking lots were full of snowmobiles, no room for cars. There was only one table available when we went in to eat. The woods is a-howl with the drown of snowmobile engines. Winter is just getting into full swing. And we are planning to drive to Milwaukee tomorrow.
    Tom

Advertisement
  5. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -1 here and no new snow overnight.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning!It's supposed to be sunny and 55 today. That's about what it was yesterday. But, with the wind it sure feels colder. Rain in the forecast 5 days out of the next 10 days.
    Off to the doctor this morning and a few errands. We need to buy a new phone.
    Have a good day. dooley

7. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Finally going back to school today -- 2 hours late for the rest of the week. We've missed 7 full days. Hoping all the school children get to their schools safely.

We seem to be in line for some snow on Sunday... positive thoughts, positive thoughts. It will be small and insignificant, right?

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and lightly snowing. I guess light snow is better than NO snow. I was watching 3 Coyote's playing way out in the field this morning...so cute. I just wish they would get within camera range!
    Today I'm preparing the kitchen for paint ... some drywall repairs to do. I painted the ceiling yesterday and what a difference!
    Have a great day all :)

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 29° this morning and bright sunshinny. Rain chances increase for the rest of the week with temps up into the 60's.

Got some running around to do today, I think I will sneak in a walk thru a garden center if I can.
    ;)

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is 21 and partly cloudy here this morning. It is a good day to get work done inside. Enjoy your day. wannabe

11. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hello garden people! 8) We have SUN today!!! Yippee! The temp is around 30 degrees this afternoon. I was out and about a while and people just seem so happy! Its been so long since we've had a good day of bright sun. The snow is kind of melting (long way to go). Then, the weather man had to go and ruin it all with threats of snow moving in again... Grrr
    Oh well :-|

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its -1 here and no snow.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. We had some snow overnight, but just a bit. This week is passing so quickly! I'm painting the kitchen today. Still not sure I like the color I picked, but I guess I won't know until I finish.
    Have a great day all :)

14. debbieteale

debbieteale Seedling

Good Morning to all.
    It's hot and sticky here in Western Australia. I've been sweating all day, and hoping the rain we're supposed to get on the weekend doesn't show. The grape season here is just starting this week, and a big rain will bring out the mildew and bugs.
    Hope you all have a great day

15. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Aaaahhh! Just about to log off and the sun just came out so I just ahd to share! Oh! What a nice thing to see. I think we are just above freezing temps. Maybe a little bit of the snow will melt...

Everyone, have a nice day.