The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good moring everyone.

Its going to be another nice day here, and the rain is supposed to start after lunch, and last all weekend.

2. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Rain has begun... supposed to rain till Monday...
    TGIF.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently +7°C and overcast. Rain should start tonight and last all weekend. We need rain so I'm not going to complain. Besides, I have a lot of things to do indoors and they won't get done if it's nice outside. It is sure feeling like spring here...many birds have returned and the snow is all gone. I saw 4 Robin's on my lawn yesterday :)

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. All the clouds went away overnight, today is clear and bright sunshine...mid-60's for the next several days and no rain until a few sprinkles on Monday, if then.

With dry days ahead for a while I will be painting the rest of the fence panels. Some already installed that have to be painted before the roses take over that area again and some that haven't been installed yet.
    And taking pictures of the spring happening in my gardens. ;)

Advertisement
  5. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. Havent been here in forever. Seems I tend to forget about this place in the winter *lol*
    Its raining here, for the 3rd day in a row. At least its not snowing! Its too warm (yay!), getting up to 70 two days ago!! Just dropped the bf off at work and had breakfast, now I have time to kill before I have to be at work at noon.
    I did a little work in the garden at moms house the other day (oh yeah! I moved into my own apartment!). Just a bit of trimming off dead foliage and checking the plants. I dont think my liatris made it, which is a shame. The foxgloves will have to be replaced too. Dont know if the roses made it...I hope so, I dont have much luck keeping them alive during the winter *sigh*

6. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently +4°C and overcast. I am really enjoying using the + sign these days!!! Rain in the forecast today and tomorrow. While walking the dog this morning, I noticed all the birds have returned and were singing. Maybe it really IS spring?
    I'm still not allowing myself to get too excited ... I'm sure we will get more snow!

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its overcast and raining here.

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Pouring!
    And chilly. Funny how I feel colder when it is 52(F) in the Springtime than when it's 32 in the Winter.
    Working on an application for a new job for next school year.... keep fingers and green thumbs crossed for me...

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently +2°C and raining. We had a lot of rain overnight and there are big puddles everywhere. The snow is gone except for 3 little piles. I can see my gardens!
    Today I hope to FINALLY finish restoring the trim in my sons room and touching up the paint.
    Have a great day all :D

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all! 39º and still rainy. Have to go to work now.

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

The rain finally stopped at about 8:30 p.m. and it felt Spring-ish!
    Daylight Savings Time began last night so it will be lighter later now. That can only be good!
    I am going to a Flower and Garden Show at a new nursery today. I hope it's a good one. Taking my camera, just in case.

12. nitakaye

nitakaye New Seed

good morning

well i thought that spring was on it way but it is raining and about 46 and it is cool got up late cause did not set clock ahead last night got breakfast done had eggs toast bacon lots of coffee so hope you all have a great day

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning. Update for the last two weeks: Snow. We had some rain for two days last week, but for how long was Eve in Paradise? Another 60 cm/24 inches of snow the last couple of days, and it's still snowing.

Pretty please post colourful photos!

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love". --Luther Burbank

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its going to be another nice day here, but rain off and on, but thats fine with me~~!