The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its currently -2 here and we had a heavy frost overnight, so glad i didnt leave anything outside!!

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Muggy and warmish but not windy like yesterday.....yet. I am going to try to be in the yard for a while since I have skipped the last four days.
    Still no rain here...but then none of the tornadoes that ravaged parts of Oklahoma yesterday. http://www.wfaa.com/news/Powerful-torna ... 31809.html
    We have that irritating 'heat cap' over us and it pushed those really bad storms north instead of across us.

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,.

Its supposed to be a little warmer here today, and rain, figures huh!!

But we didnt get any frost overnight, so thats a good sign.

4. toni

Good morning all. Another breezy, cool in the shade but almost unbearable in the sun morning. Could reach 90F/32C this afternoon baaaaah humbug!!

Not working in yard today, my old joints and muscles are strongly suggesting to me that I only work out there every other day from now on. :rolleyes:

Guess I will have to clean out my room today..I have too much junque in there. ;)

Advertisement
  5. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here, supposed to be in the mid 50's here, and no frost again overnight, but calling for rain later on.

6. daysmommy

daysmommy New Seed

Good Morning from Ohio where it is still raining. Day 3 of rain. :( Wish it would stop so I could get some work outside done.

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its finally stopped raining here, it poured here yesturday, no rain for the weekend, and warming up slightly too.

8. toni

Good morning all. Not too bad outside, still warmer than I would like but the breeze is picking up and we might have a chance of hit or miss isolated showers thru the weekend....or we could get up to 3 inches total by Sunday. Depends on which time of the day you listen to the forecast. My forecast is simple...no rain and more wind, that's been our pattern for the last month. :rolleyes:

We have already made a trip to the airport taking our neighbor lady so she can make a surprise visit to her Mom in Pennsylvania. Stopped at a donut shop on the way home, haven't done that in years but man they were good. Now to go out and work off that sugar. :rolleyes:

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its overcast and cool here, only 48*, and calling for rain later on, figures!!!

Have to do some errands and go to the grocery store.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C with overcast skies and NW winds. It is NOT looking like the kind of day the weatherman promised us! I have housework to do and then hopefully out to prepare the veggie garden. Have a great day all :)

11. toni

Good morning all. Got some rain yesterday and maybe more later this afternoon. While the ground is somewhat soft we have a couple more fence panels to install, some re-bar to push into the ground and I have to spread more mulch.

Better get busy. :rolleyes:

12. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Overcast so far this AM, but hoping for sun once the air warms up. Too much to do in the garden and house, so had better get hopping.

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here and supposed to be a high of 68*, and no rain for a few days.

We worked outside pretty much all day yesturday, the beds are "officially" ready to be planted, but i still dont trust the weather, and we cut the grass, did all the trimming, i planted a few new perennials, cleaned the shed, the weather was far too nice to be inside.

All my seedlings were outside yesturday too, and i put them in the shed lastnight, rather then bringing them in, I'll go put them outside again in awhile.

Have some bedding in the wash, and the house is clean, so its a good Monday.

14. toni

Good morning all. Mornings are really nice, afternoons are really not since the temps are hovering around 90 again and not hardly any rain to get excited about.

Got to work on laying out hoses and sprinklers and get the timers set, we are going out of town Thurs thru next Monday and while our youngest will be home she will be no help in keeping plants watered. :rolleyes:
    Besides it's just too miserable with the high humidity to be out working in the yard.

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is rainy and 52° here this morning. We do need some sun around here soon to dry us out a little. Today is our shopping day so we are off to town. Wannabe