The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. First official 100 degree day yesterday, I can hope this heat wave is a fluke but the weatherman is NOT letting me maintain that hope. He keeps insisting that there will be many more days of excessive heat before summer is finished with us. What a major 'party pooper' he is turning out to be. :rolleyes:

2. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

No rain today, but its cool again, but supposed to get HOT by the end of the week!

3. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its another cool day here, but sunny...no rain until tonight.

4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Looking forward with finishing up projects for school and work. Need to hit those weeds again this PM. Hope the weather is nice today. Gorgeous evening yesterday.

Advertisement
  5. toni

Morning all. Just another hot one here today. Not having temps over 100 for a while but the humidity is so high the 'feels like' temp has been running 105 the last few days.

Not getting outside at all today, did yesterday and paid the price the rest of the day.

6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. It is only 72° this morning but it is cloudy and we are to get thunderstorms. I'd like a little less rain, it seems to come in inches at a time. Enjoy your day. wannabe

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning, I think! It's raining big time here. I couldn't see through the rain in some places. We got drenched getting from the truck to the library front door and we were just two spaces from the door. We got almost 5 inches last week so my tubs are soggy/ With the 90's temps some of my plants cooked. I had lots of small green peppers and now the plants are looking wilted. More or bigger drainage holes, I think. dooley

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, has been since late lastnight, but we did get the grass cut befor it started.

9. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good Morning all stewbies. ;)

IT is pretty cold out here.
    14 - 18deg C expected.
    Though inside the house it is freezing. I must think twice before using the aircon. We just had a power failure that lasted about 4 hours.

BUT coffee and GardenStew will warm me up.

Lil' Palm - I cannot wait to go to a fan park and be part of the soccer world cup celebrations. Like they say - once in a lifetime. But I must first help mom.

10. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its going to be a sunny day here and a little warmer then its been lately.

11. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Happy day to all! Cloudy, windy, warm and humid here. At least the plants like it (all but the wind) Chances of rain and storms here. I have an installation job to head off to.

12. toni

Morning all, better morning than most recently. The temp is only going to hit 90, I had better get out my sweats and turn on the heater :rolleyes:

I did get 3/16th of an inch of rain yesterday when this poor lost little shower wandered over us. Was pretty while it lasted then it was gone, literally you couldn't tell by looking at the ground that it had ever been wet.

Yesterday was my oldests 43rd birthday. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was holding a hollering 9lb 2oz bundle with flaming red hair in my arms. And last night at dinner she was holding her 10 yr old son in her arms.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Gee, Toni, I would give you some of this rain. Yesterday it didn't get out of the 70's and we got three or four inches of rain on top of the two or three inches the day before and the inch the day before that. It's cloudy and gray today with a 45% chance of rain. It's been showery all morning but not pouring down with thunder and lightning like yesterday. Hope tomorrow and Saturday are clear. It says partly cloudy but with partly cloudy you can still get wet. dooley

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its going to be an nice day here, around 78*, and then rain moving in tonight and supposed to last all weekend, but it'll be warm.

15. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and pouring rain. Today's soccer tournament has been canceled due to the weather. Judging by the pudding on my front lawn this morning, we had heavy rain during the night. This puddle wasn't here yesterday!
    [​IMG]
    And I've never seen a puddle here
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day all :D