The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its another HOT day here, with thunderstorms in the forecast, we did get some rain lastnight, and some thunder, but no lightening, thankfully!

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all.
    Yesterdays weather was miserable....only 97 but with the humidity when you walked outside the temp felt like 108.
    Got another one like it starting today only the actual temperature is supposed to be 100 with a feels like of closer to 110-115.

Only 67 days till AUTUMN officially begins, just hope the temperatures start dropping them too.

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Vacation going well. Guess humidity is opposite of wind chill. Fun in the sun :D

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Hot and humid again today but typical for this time of year. The scattered thunderstorms went south of us so no rain in our forecast. Have a good day.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 22°C and clear. Looks like another beautiful day ahead.
    Busy day today ... 2 kids have a soccer tournament today and the other has 2 shifts at work. My youngest celebrated her 7th birthday yesterday.
    Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Morning all. I was able to spend all of 45 minutes out front this morning before the heat got to me.
    79 degrees at 7 a.m. with a heat index of 86....going up into the 100+ range with heat index of 108 or thereabouts.

ONLY 66 days until the Autumnal Equinox...come on fall.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 16°C and sunny with rain expected later this afternoon. Another busy day, except today I'm NOT leaving the property. SO much to do around the house and only one day to do it all. Well, maybe I'll go as far as the manure pile next door ;)

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

It poured here overnight, so no watering for me today, and its supposed to be mid 80's here.

9. toni

Morning all. 107 degrees yesterday...that's what it felt like outside, the thermometer reading was only 102.

Have our oldest grandson with us this week, Randy has a couple of days off and we ARE going to get the kitchen backsplash and wall finished!!!!!

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Good Morning. Hot, humid and scattered storms all around us.Off to see the eye doc today then in where it is cool.

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its going to be a nice day here, around 85* and a slight breeze, and no rain until tonight.

12. Jewell

A good day to be going home. No more 90F and sweat dripping ;) back to a comfy 65 temps.

13. toni

Morning all.
    Many years ago on the radio station I used to listen to while at work, they had a local weatherman who had retired from doing TV weather but wanted to keep busy so the station hired him to do weather reports in the morning. Every summer on June first he would leave for the summer, returning in October to work until the next June. The reason being that our weather during the summer is normally the same old-same old. Nothing new to say, how many ways can you say HOT, DRY and MUGGY.
    So until our weather changes later in the fall I will no longer be giving our weather every morning....suffice it to say that you will know it is continuing to be HOT, DRY and MUGGY.

On a brighter note, we finished phase two of the kitchen makevoer....photos to follow soon. Phase three is being put off until I can decide what to do with the wall behind the stove.

14. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its overcast here, and looking like its going to rain, but its warm, around 82*.

15. Jewell

Marine mist in the air and I need a long sleeved sweatshirt. No sweating here. Lots of flowers in bloom. Need to get out and do some yard work and take some photos. Loving summer :D