The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

good wed morning no rain right now but calling for it we got quite a bit yesterday I took more pics yesterday but can't find them either lol will try again today

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Well.. the big rains never showed up yesterday. Good thing I didn't trust the weather forecasters and went ahead and watered everything that was looking thirsty. But the temps are a bit cooler, so that's a good thing. And there's still a slight chance of rain this afternoon.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. No rain in my yard...well there were about 52 drops that fell late Monday night, but absolutely nothing else. There was rain west of us, north of us, east of us and south of us...but once again there was a hole in the storms that was right over top us and we got nothing.
    The temperatures are great and there is another chance of rain Friday into Saturday.

Today is one of my allowable watering days so the soaker hoses are running and I will be doing watering planters later.

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its sunny and nice here today, no rain at all!!

I was supposed to go to Toronto again today, but thats now tomorrow, so i plan on cutting the lawn, and doing some weeding....need to go grocery shopping, but i'll do that after supper.

Have a nice day everyone.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 6°C and sunny. We had a pop up thunderstorm yesterday with strong winds and hail, but so far everything seems to have survived. The week is flying by this week, which is a GOOD thing :)

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Preparing to go to Clearfield, Pa tomorrow morning. There is a bird or animal sale of some sort that my hubby wants to go to. We will be staying in a motel Friday night. We will be taking the little Capri convertible so we won't be coming home with many critters. Plus the 2 little puppies will be going with us this time. They are so much fun to take along. They are only 4 and 9 pounds and very well behaved.

Usually I deliver my eggs on Friday but that has to be done today also. Looks like it's going to be a nice day today and even nicer for our little outing this weekend.

Barb in Pa.

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the day was full of rain, about an inch and a half. The plants liked it. The rhubarb is growing, I think I hear a pie. :)

Jerry

8. cherylad

Happy Thursday evening. All I keep hearing is "rain on the way". And I don't think the 4 drops I felt this afternoon counts. So, I watered lightly AGAIN today.
    But... at least the temps are down to "comfortable" instead of "melt-down".

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. I've got one thing to say today ... TGIF!! Such an exhausting week I am glad to see it end. I'll definitely be(trying to)sleep in tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. And yes TGIF for me too. What a busy week I've had. And guess what? The weather forecasters finally got one right. Between 2-6am it was lightning, thundering and RAINing. I had 2.25 inches in the gauge this morning. And more is expected this afternoon. I think all my plants will be doing the happy dance for the next couple of days.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Well between the storms north of me in Oklahoma and the storms that moved across the southern part of Texas...I am left high and pretty dry. My rain gauge shows just barely 1/8th of an inch which means the mulch is happy but the plant roots didn't feel a thing. :rolleyes: Might be something later today...but at least the temperature is nice.

12. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

goodmorning stewbies! woke up to another frosty morning. they say it's the last one! off to the gardens to plant...

have a great day all! :stew2:

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My trusty rain guage said .64 inches this morning. Plants may be happy for another day. Sunny this morning and close to 80 degs. Hope tomorrow is okay. It's farm market day again. Only got 4 tote bags and three aprons done today. After I hurt my knee I had to take a couple days off from sewing.
    dooley

14. Netty

good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. It looks like a great day ahead! I went out to my veggie garden last night only to discover that there is a NEW nest of Kildeer in one of my veggie patches!! GRRR! This mother tried to chase me off and made a lot of noise, but I will NOT be bossed around by these birds any more. It's PLANTING TIME!!! :)
    Have a great day all!

15. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Current temps... 70F.
    It rained again overnight, this time only 1/2 inch. But we'll take it.... plus there's chances of a few small showers throughout the day. Nice sleeping weather... I didn't get out of bed until 8:30!
    Now that I don't have to drag the water hose around all day, I'll get back to pulling weeds.... that is after I go into town... the dawg is almost out of her food!