The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A really nice 64 degrees this morning and overcast. For the past week with all the rain in the area, my yard received a whoppin' 3/8ths of an inch. Some places around us got almost 3 inches but once again we were under the 'no to very little rain' gap as the storms moved across us.

Today is my one of two allowable watering days a week so I will be dragging the house afterall. :rolleyes:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all, and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there :)
    It is 11°C and overcast this morning, and the ground is wet so we must have had a light rain overnight. I was out working in the gardens yesterday..pruned my Roses, weeded and planted some bulbs. I went out to the veggie patch only to discover there is a NEW nest of Kildeer in the pepper patch!! Darn birds!! Today I'm going to pick some rhubarb and make strawberry rhubarb crisp, the rest of the day will be spent in the garden. I'm starting a new project :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning and Happy Mother's Day! It's a beautiful morning here... temps below 70F, slight breeze and blue skies. I just love it when I can have all the doors and windows open.
    Nothing really planned for the garden. Can always pull some weeds. I might go ahead and start clearing out an area to expand the daylily bed. Should be easy digging since the ground is still wet from recent rains.
    But the main chore for today... housecleaning. My mom would be MAD if she saw the stuff I have just laying around! Now... where is that vacuum cleaner again? :D

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all, a wonderful 64 when I wandered through the gardens this morning looking for photo ops.

Heading to Randy's folks house to spend Mother's Day with his Mom...first we are meeting at Cotton Patch Cafe for lunch then to their place.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday evening all. Currently 20°C and sunny. What a beautiful day today, perfect for planting annuals out in the gardens :) It's one of my busiest weeks at work and I'm exhausted!

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny. Another busy day today so I'm off and running! Have a great day everyone :)

7. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone!!

Its sunny and gorgeous here today......i need to do some errands for Brad, as well as water outside.

Hope everyone has a great day!

8. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. There's a 40% chance of rain today. But it just doesn't "look" like it to me. Temps will be back up around 90F.
    I bought bird seed yesterday and forgot to fill the feeders. Hope the birds aren't to mad at me!

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, I spent the day repositioning the kitchen cabinets to accommodate a new refrigerator. That was exciting. As a reward tomorrow I will plant seeds. :)

Jerry

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. I'm really hoping for some rain ... we need it badly!
    Off to the greenhouse and then to work ... planting all the pots today!
    Have a great day all :)

11. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Good morning everyone,

Its a little cooler here today, and we got some rain overnight, which we needed.

I'm off today to Toronto, and have some errands to do when i get back.

Enjoy your day!

12. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. We, too, got a little rain overnight... nothing measurable, just enough to get the ground damp. But... water is water!
    Nice cooler temps too... below 70F this morning.

13. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

It was cool overnight, in fact we got frost....so glad that i havent planted anything out yet.

Home today, so i plan on staining some more, and weeding.

Have a great day everyone.

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny. I was a little worried about frost last night, but it didn't get cold enough. I have moved my plants outside and planted annuals at work and at home.
    Another busy day today, so I'm off and running again. Have a great day all :)

15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the sun is playing tag with the clouds as the lawn prepares itself for a haircut. A couple of dandelions are digging furiously in an attempt to evade the inevitable. The tomato plants are seeing the light of day for the first time. They were given instructions to toughen up and grow. As incentive, I will buy a tomato at the store to show them what they should look like. I will not tell them what I will do with the example. The summer should be interesting.

Jerry